So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

On 12/18/2017 at 10:31 PM, LLC said:

My daughter told me about this one last night and found an LCBO with some so I picked up three. Will open one up on Christmas Eve when my daughter is over.

da6bdfc85dae673c40b851b6da64fbb4.jpg

Finished a bottle of that about a month ago.  I won't offer an opinion/comment until after Christmas.  Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

My new favorite tequila, Casamigos Anejo.  The vanilla aroma that escapes the bottle when you first open it is intoxicating. 

Some Italian red, Piccini. I also picked up a wine aerator which was recommended by a friend , I don’t know if these are abit of a gimmick or not but it was pretty cheap so I’ll give it a go, any of you guys use one?AA79151A-F50A-4AF0-8095-72D4069C0468.thumb.jpeg.a935b01bfaecb86151f46f424c1ba418.jpegB6778E97-715B-4843-B234-A0785F5D2135.thumb.jpeg.797577d9b814e76b8de80c61c5915ce2.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

All the Pinot Noir I had in Melbourne frigging put me to sleep - I'd rather drink mineral water.

Bought this at the Noosa bottle shop as the entry level penfolds.
e7ecf2fe6188d22fa3d965d0ab4f5cb9.jpg

K Hill is always a good wine. interesting label, to make reference to the 1976. it was an experimental wine to see if a market but to make it, they took some of every wine they made, including grange, in 1976 (one of their great vintages) and blended it. they have never repeated that.

too much pinot is never enough.

• Like 2

K Hill is always a good wine. interesting label, to make reference to the 1976. it was an experimental wine to see if a market but to make it, they took some of every wine they made, including grange, in 1976 (one of their great vintages) and blended it. they have never repeated that.
too much pinot is never enough.

Spent a few days in Flinders and tried many Pinots at various wineries. All left me underwhelmed. Can you recommend one that would blow my socks off?

11 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

Spent a few days in Flinders and tried many Pinots at various wineries. All left me underwhelmed. Can you recommend one that would blow my socks off?

when you say flinders, do you mean the uni?

send me a list of what you can get hold of, very few of our best head offshore, and i'll let you know what is worth chasing.