So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

6 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

I’ve heard great things. Any good?

It is phenomenal! I started hearing good things after it was released about a month ago and could not find a bottle. Finally saw it today and grabbed one. I am not disappointed. The chocolate malt they used really shines through, heavy on the cocoa, vanilla, some rye spice, oak, and a slight toffee note on the end.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

It is phenomenal! I started hearing good things after it was released about a month ago and could not find a bottle. Finally saw it today and grabbed one. I am not disappointed. The chocolate malt they used really shines through, heavy on the cocoa, vanilla, some rye spice, oak, and a slight toffee note on the end.

Sounds like a potentially great pairing with something like an aged PLPC. Would love to hear your thoughts on which marcas work well with it. Homework project. ??

6 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Sounds like a potentially great pairing with something like an aged PLPC. Would love to hear your thoughts on which marcas work well with it. Homework project. ??

Will definitely let y'all know. I agree on an aged PLPC, I think that would be just awesome. The Behike 56 is quite nice with it, I think up next I'm going to try a RASS, Monte Edmunto, or an Upmann Connie A.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Will definitely let y'all know. I agree on an aged PLPC, I think that would be just awesome. The Behike 56 is quite nice with it, I think up next I'm going to try a RASS, Monte Edmunto, or an Upmann Connie A.

Connie A, if you’re taking requests! Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Connie A, if you’re taking requests! Lol

Works for me, lol!  And helps me make up my mind!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, prodigy said:

I got lucky a few weeks ago :)70e625dc98e654548bbcb057ff45dff6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

No need to tell us about your personal life. What about the whisky? :P

• Haha 2

No need to tell us about your personal life. What about the whisky?
Hahaha. Well, I found all 3 bottles on the shelf. Second hand would have been 3-4 times as expensive...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

it is everywhere. no idea why anyone would panic and rush for the pre-release sale. as i did. 

Yeah, I had no trouble picking it up from DM. The one near me is now out of stock :D, but the next suburb over has 2 more bottles.

19 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Yeah, I had no trouble picking it up from DM. The one near me is now out of stock :D, but the next suburb over has 2 more bottles.

i know craft were selling it yesterday.

i was in malt liquor yesterday morning and they had a dozen on the shelves. 

On 6/2/2018 at 1:49 AM, Fuzz said:

Just picked up 2 bottles of the 2018 release. Might grab a few more.

IMG-20180601-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.9f9ccb0ba12ac909067668eb6c9b106f.jpeg

Nothing like posting a bottle of Gin picture from your driver's seat...  "No officer, I have not been drinking..."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Nothing like posting a bottle of Gin picture from your driver's seat...  "No officer, I have not been drinking..."

Funny you should say that. I have been pulled over at roadside breathalyser testing several times with a bottle of spirits right next to me. Only once did the officer ask to see if the bottle was opened or not.

On 5/22/2018 at 11:32 AM, FatherOfPugs said:

Picked this up a few days ago forgot to post it up, it's pretty solid. Has a gorgeous color to it.

20180512_172517.thumb.jpg.8cefdcfad202cec00e0d998a6ba714a2.jpg

That Russell’s 10 is the best value bourbon on the market today!