So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

yes, Costco subcontracts some of the major liquor brands to make thier hooch. Kirkland vodka is grey goose and the Kirkland small batch bourbon is made by jim bean

Hmm. Might pop into Costco then and pick up a few bottles. Thanks!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

I've been stocking the wine cellar over the past 3 months:

3 x 2005 Masi Serego Alighieri Vaio Amaron

6 x 2006 Col d'Orcia Brunello di Montalcino

3 x 2007 Poggio Antico Brunello di Montalcino

3 x 2006 Poliziano Asinone Vino Nobile di Montepulciano

4 x 2007 Poliziano Asinone Vino Nobile di Montepulciano

3 x 2008 Rocca di Castagnoli Poggio a'Frati Chianti Classico Riserva

3 x 2008 Barone Ricasoli Rocca Guicciarda Chianti Classico Riserva

(I like Italian wines... wink2.gif)

they just released the Kirkland 15 made by Macallan over the holidays.

Great - I was running low on the stock I picked up from last year's release. That one is really enjoyable!

You can buy booze in Costco here in Sydney. It's in a fenced off area, within the store.

They fence off booze? Lest the hoardes of the criminal classes descend?? Only cigs fenced off in my local costco. Also no kirkland scotch either.

They fence off booze? Lest the hoardes of the criminal classes descend?? Only cigs fenced off in my local costco. Also no kirkland scotch either.

NSW laws do not allow for booze to be sold in supermarkets. By fencing it off (and paying for the booze before leaving that section) that area is not considered part of the store.

Hi everyone, this my first post, I am in the U.S. and love cigars. I just picked up a bottle of glenfiddich 18 which i'll have with an opus x tonight. It's nice to be a member on here now!!!

Been getting into good affordably priced, ie $30 and under, sipping whiskey recently. So far bought some WT 100, Buffalo trace, Bulliet and was gifted a bottle of blantons. So far my fav is the Bulliet, full of flavor, smooth, little burn and just coats ur mouth. But all are good in their own right.

NSW laws do not allow for booze to be sold in supermarkets. By fencing it off (and paying for the booze before leaving that section) that area is not considered part of the store.

I thought this was the case in VIC as well but about a year ago they started selling booze in supermarkets (Coles).

Also the Docklands Costco did have their alcohol fenced off, but it is now open.

Speaking of costco, I managed to pick up a bottle of Zacapa XO for $95. The only downside is that it didn't come with the box (I'm assuming it was their display and their no longer planning to stock it). The next cheapest I've seen it was $135 on a sale, and the regular price I see is around the $170 mark so I'm quite happy with the buy :).

• 3 weeks later...

KWM BenRiach 1994, 18yr Speyside.

Wow, it's like you are the keeper of the peat fire. Smooooooth sweet peatiness. Not a harsh note to be found. It will take a couple more tastings to flesh out all the other delicious flavors.

Real treat.

Thanks Chris (ChanceSchmerr) for the recommendation.

KWM BenRiach 1994, 18yr Speyside.

Wow, it's like you are the keeper of the peat fire. Smooooooth sweet peatiness. Not a harsh note to be found. It will take a couple more tastings to flesh out all the other delicious flavors.

Real treat.

Thanks Chris (ChanceSchmerr) for the recommendation.

A peaty Speyside? Interesting!

A peaty Speyside? Interesting!

Yup peaty in a big way. Retailer's notes don't do justice to the peat on the nose. My wife could smell the peat from a few feet away!

Bottled Exclusively for KWM! My Tasting Note: "Nose: creme fraiche, white chocolate sauce, Baklava and soft berry fruits; a faint whiff of smoked malt, but nothing more? Palate: at first very sweet, creamy and fruity but then soft soft earthy peat starts rolling forward like a WWI tank; juicy and fruity the surge of peat is slow but steady with chocolate, espresso and licorice notes; the peat would be overwhelming were it not for the massive sweet oak; FInish: loads of white chocolate with soft peat oils, liquid honey and clean grassy malt!"