So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Costco in the states I am guessing no?

Good point, I didn't even think of it. Even in Quebec you have to go to an SAQ for liquor.

WTF? Did you pick that up from Costco? That's the only place I have ever seen anything 'Kirkland' but only LCBOs can sell liquor ... what am I missing here?

Yes, only in the USA. And it is selling out everywhere!

Yes, only in the USA. And it is selling out everywhere!

Costco in Alberta sell this as well. Last time I was in Calgary, there was quite a bit to be found. Not sure what the pricing is like compared to the US

Off the top of my head I think it was in the high 50's. Perhaps $58? I loaded up on the Laphroaig QC for $39 so not 100% sure on the Kirkland. Also not sure if they have it in Edmonton. Curious to hear your thoughts on it when you give it a try Art. Have a great weekend.

Not in UK Costco. On the otherhand HP, Glenlivet etc all around the £22 mark.

How much does the bottle cost? I wonder where they get it from?

$45+Tax. It's bottled by Alexander Murray & Co. Last year they had a 15YO that actually said Macallan Distillery on it - this one does not.

• 2 weeks later...

Ron Zacapa 23. Currently deciding between another bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail or Lagavulin 16 yr.

In the same price range I highly recommend the Laphroaig Triple Wood - you can thank me later ;)

Picked up Friday: Glengoyne 17 (last bottle they had - replaced now with the much more expensive 18Y), Ardmore Traditional Peated Cask, Compass Box Peat Monster, and Benriach Curiositas 10Y Peated.

Received a bottle of Rum Barcelo Imperial lately. Almost already gone! Good stuff, but not as awesome as the El Dorado 15 years, got to get some more of this stuff!