So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Had the opportunity to pick up some bottles that I can't get in my area this week...

OWA

Weller Special Reserve

EW single barrel '02 (private barrel for the store)

Rittenhouse Rye

HH 8yr 86

HH bonded

Bought the Amrut fusion, excellent really nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

...and so tastes differ - I absolutely cannot stand it. Been trying to pawn it off on unsuspecting guests but even they know better after the first sip and start asking for the Black Label :lookaround:

...and so tastes differ - I absolutely cannot stand it. Been trying to pawn it off on unsuspecting guests but even they know better after the first sip and start asking for the Black Label lookaround.gif

Hahahaha. U can send it over here if only the postage and tax not gonna kill me. I thought it was really fruity, sweet not too overbearing though and slight smoke and peat. I'd buy again if it wasn't so expensive.

nice. the 15 is my favorite, but have not had the 21 too often...

Received a bottle of Rum Barcelo Imperial lately. Almost already gone! Good stuff, but not as awesome as the El Dorado 15 years, got to get some more of this stuff!

I'm personally more a fan of the 12 more then the others, Although i have not had the 21 yet. or the 25 (which i just realized they had)

just on ice is the way it goes down.

Recently picked up a bottle of Gordon & MacPhail 'Secret Stills' 1988 Highland Scotch. It's not a well kept secret, as there's only one distillery where this bottle comes form: Glengarioch. Bottled in 2012, it's jolly nice - does need a dash of water.

IMG 0737

You can get so much better Scotch for the price of Balvenie 21...

Taste and colours, always a subjective matter. I only drank the Portwood 21 once in a pub and I really liked it, that’s all I can say. Of course I have other Scotches which I also like a lot and which cost less. I guess it’s a bit like with Cohiba cigars, there are obviously other cigars which are excellent and which cost substantially less than a Cohiba in a similar vitola, but that doesn’t mean that the Cohiba is not worth the money, it’s just not for every day (at least not for me…).

Don't get me wrong - I have a bottle and it is a very good dram but for the money it should be cask strength and have no caramel coloring added ;)

Don't get me wrong - I have a bottle and it is a very good dram but for the money it should be cask strength and have no caramel coloring added wink.png

I’ll subject it to a strict and repeated testing once I pull the cork off! party.gif

• 3 weeks later...

4x Sazerac 6yr rye

2x Sazerac 18yr rye

2x Thomas Handy rye

2x Rittenhouse rye

1x Red Brest 12 single pot still Irish Whiskey

1x Buffalo Trace bourbon

1x Michters sour mash

1x Michters bourbon

1x Eagle Rare 17yr bourbon

1x Balvine Caribbean cask

1x Elmer T Lee bourbon

1x George T Stagg bourbon

1x Zacapa 23 solara rum

2x Zaya rum

1x Brugal 1888 Gran Reserva rum

1x El Dorado 12yr rum

1x Dos Maderas double aged sherry cask

1x Mount *** Extra Old

1x Vizcaya cask 21

1x Ron Matusalem Gran Riserva

I have been stocking up for the summer.

1x Ron Matuselum

I have been gifted a litre of Bells. I won't need my sherry copita nosing glass for this! Whisky and coke with ice or whisky sodas at most daring.

I am looking at picking up a bottle of glendronach cask strength (batch one) or one of their single casks, anyone had any experience with these?

Just picked up a bottle of Smith and Cross, one bottle of Chairmans Reserve from St. Lucia and Barbencourt 15 this afternoon.