Dry Age "Cheating" on your steaks. Get the same great Steakhouse taste and texture at home

brazoseagle

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howdy, I know it is cliche, but being from Texas, I consider myself an expert in the areas of all things grilling and BBQ'ing (smoking). I've been grilling and cooking since I've been a teenager, le

Yes, made it 31 days and the finale was epic My father, brother and I basically grunted like cavemen eating these. My wife was a bit nervous about the aging then starting taking a couple bites

Nice thread, I got a 7 bone ribeye at 22 days as we speak. First time for me. Can't wait to eat her:)

Since i started making steaks this way, its the only way i do it. Only thing is, i reverse sear now, which makes the same delicious flavoured steak, but it makes a rib steak as tender as a filet

Awesome!

With brazos Recipe. i turned this:

ZaRLZl.jpg

(About 60 hours of age due to work schedule schedule crap)

Into this:

B6N3Ll.jpg

GTGENl.jpg

Dear god the crust was incredibly flavorful. It was just regular 1" bone in ribeye from the local supermarket. I don't have a butcher near me yet so this was the best I could do.

With brazos Recipe. i turned this:

ZaRLZl.jpg

(About 60 hours of age due to work schedule schedule crap)

Into this:

B6N3Ll.jpg

GTGENl.jpg

Dear god the crust was incredibly flavorful. It was just regular 1" bone in ribeye from the local supermarket. I don't have a butcher near me yet so this was the best I could do.

FANTASTIC!!!!!

The fat had so much damn flavor. I've had amazing steaks in fancy schmancy restaurants and this was comparable and cost me about 1/5th as much.

I've since aged steaks for 6 days and they also turned out great but the grill wasn't hot enough and I didn't really get the crust like the first attempt. I'm going to try again once I get back from harvesting Bambi.

The fat had so much damn flavor. I've had amazing steaks in fancy schmancy restaurants and this was comparable and cost me about 1/5th as much.

I've since aged steaks for 6 days and they also turned out great but the grill wasn't hot enough and I didn't really get the crust like the first attempt. I'm going to try again once I get back from harvesting Bambi.

That's why Ribeyes are hard to beat....love the flavor. Good luck with Bambi!

It's what that aging process does to the fat cells and the actual meat that really steps up the flavor big time. I will be posting some bambi meatscapes soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not lol!

The steak was great. Will aim for a little rarer next time (and less veg!)

The only reasonable purpose for brocolli is for it to be used like a paint brush for sauces, butters, and/or ranch dressing!

jester.gif

First off

#1. I ****in hate Tony Romo!

Prime Texas Ribeye

Great beer

On the 3rd attempt, still one of the worst most swill wine I've ever had!

post-8544-13545116922883.jpg

post-8544-13545117044618.jpg

post-8544-13545117215532.jpg

post-8544-13545117383039.jpg

post-8544-1354511752492.jpg

post-8544-1354511765707.jpg

Worst wine EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-8544-13545117906623.jpg

Dreid Minced onion, dried garlic, dill seed, dehydrated red bell pepper......all play an integral part in my steak seasoning.

• 2 weeks later...