Recommendation for temperature controlled humidor

bbesner

Thanks! The thickness of the walls leads me to believe that they are insulated. I'm pretty handy with wood and was trying to decipher how the insulation fit into the panels. It seems the easiest route is to build the cabinet, line it with rigid foam and then line it with the SS. I just don't see how the Spanish cedar could be attached without gluing it to the foam like an SIP panel. Friction fit maybe.

• 7 months later...

Hello!!

It has been a while since there was a post here, but I would like to know your experience with your "new humidor", must be almost a year now!

I have had a Remington for six months and it has worked just fine. Because it has such a powerful AC (compressor) when it kicks in the humidity drops quite a lot, but it maintains the average temperature and humidity pretty well, and because it all happens fast, your cigars willl be ok.

Nonetheless, I already ran out of space and I'm starting to look somewhere else. Your cabinet has thermoelectric components, opposite to the Remington compressor approach. How has it worked ? People often complain about the durability of the thermoelectric electronics. How is your experience? The Remington has a pretty good sea IMHO, how is yours?

thanks, Any other advice will be highly appreciated. 

Javier

@cigars4soul

1 minute ago, javonazul said:

Hello!!

It has been a while since there was a post here, but I would like to know your experience with your "new humidor", must be almost a year now!

I have had a Remington for six months and it has worked just fine. Because it has such a powerful AC (compressor) when it kicks in the humidity drops quite a lot, but it maintains the average temperature and humidity pretty well, and because it all happens fast, your cigars willl be ok.

Nonetheless, I already ran out of space and I'm starting to look somewhere else. Your cabinet has thermoelectric components, opposite to the Remington compressor approach. How has it worked ? People often complain about the durability of the thermoelectric electronics. How is your experience? The Remington has a pretty good sea IMHO, how is yours?

thanks, Any other advice will be highly appreciated. 

Javier

@cigars4soul

@bbesner