Whats your setup?

Cohiba Stevie

622 members have voted

1. 1. What type of humidor are you using?

2. 2. What type of humification are you using?

• Active (Please specify: Cigar Oasis, Hydra etc.)
    • Passive (Please specify: Heartfelt beads, HCM beads, Boveda, crystals etc.)
    • Basic (distilled water / PG solution with foam humidifier)
    • Other (Please specify with post)
  3. 3. Does your collection mainly consist of

• All singles, unboxed.
    • Mostly singles unboxed, with 1 or 2 boxes
    • Boxes only
    • Mostly boxes, with a few singles in dedicated compartment.

This poll is closed to new votes

I have 2 large Ammodors and 3 smaller Ammodors that hold my cigars. I keep two small ones in my office and two big ones and one small one at home. Office and home are at 70-72 so maybe a little warm, but haven't had any issues. I use a combination of ziplock bags and Bovedas. The Ammodors are water and air tight, so humidity not a problem. I open the humidors usually a couple of times a month, and open the ziplocks about once a month. I am thinking of buying a Whynter or similar, but really undecided. I am an amateur woodworker and made some cabinets and things, including a clock, and I have a pretty good stock of Spanish Cedar and other nice woods and could theoretically build something, but pretty busy and not sure when I'd get around to it. I have a few ideas for a Sin Cabinet that would hold cigars and single malts. But only ideas

8fb00d436271100.jpg

41d2cf436271104.jpg

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about full, time to decide what's next. 

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, whe

Think I have posted about my set-up before - here's the details : 90% of my cigars are in inside metal lockers from a German company named Zarges that are water/airtight and those metal lockers are

da19e5b8c7bb3bc688623b544dbf2aa2.jpg
Top is from Prez, bottom from the others.

Jam packed but I somehow always find room. Gotta smoke more and buy less.

*EDIT: I use passive (Beads and Bovedas) with some camping cooler fans posted on this site earlier. Steady 62-64% on top and rock solid 65% in bottom

• Like 2

And then the stack is too small !!

No space for the 24:24

So

You go nuts and this happens.....

P1000009_resize_zpsdmxkpgfl.jpg

Cheers

PS Dimmers

I'll explain at Havanathon smile.png

Cheers

Holy crap Clive ...what a beauty!!!

Yes we will need to chat!

• 2 weeks later...

75ct desk top which I use as my smoking box, 60 HF beads
2 x 150qt coolidors for CCs with 60 Heartfelt and 65 HCM beads
3000ct cabinet for NCs with an Accumonitor

Looking at different available options for large temp control units for an ever increasing CC collect. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Also looking at converting a closet into a temp control humi.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally did it. After four years of saving up all my spare pennies, I realized a dream I have had for a very long time. Yesterday I took delivery of an Aristocrat humidor model MXT plus 19. These are more beautiful to behold in person as compared to pictures on a web site.

Even the wife and kids can't stop admiring it. Needless to say I am very happy with it.

Very nice!

This was yesterday, crammed packed, boxes on boxes, loose cigars pile up, boxes with 2-3 different cigars in each. We've all been here. It was a game if Tetris if you wanted something, but occasionally you did find the odd little treasure hidden that you'd forgotten about

post-13044-0-16219200-1445752749_thumb.j

post-13044-0-15363800-1445752881_thumb.j

Apologies for the blurry nature of the images, phone ain't what it used to be.

But this is today....

post-13044-0-95597400-1445753146_thumb.j

post-13044-0-52535500-1445753235_thumb.j

Still have to sort out a few things (get the beads off the bottom etc), but the space and the promise of future boxes to fill it with, oh happy days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Most recent pic of my humi......the 2nd drawer on the left has my habanos, all the rest are NC's.....I made the mistake of taking all my sticks out of my boxes and trying to put them in brand/vitola....now I can't find anything....pod.gif

IMG_20150809_131027_zpswsziicmq.jpg

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009CO543S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Three speed fan plugged into a timer to cycle three times over a 24hr period.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MMSTNG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Forest built the box for the fan and it sits in the middle. A bag of beads rests on the floor in the back to grab any condensation in the back. False drawer on the bottom leaves enough room for a satchel of cedar chips, etc. I have four hygrometers in there all reading at 64 right now so it's doing the job I want it to do. When I get a chance I'll grab a few photos of the bottom.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Cubano & Martin. Not to bad. The worst was getting it out of someones basement with no help. Had the compressor still and weighed 250lbs. I keep meaning to post a build with pics but never seem to get around to it.

Thanks Cubano & Martin. Not to bad. The worst was getting it out of someones basement with no help. Had the compressor still and weighed 250lbs. I keep meaning to post a build with pics but never seem to get around to it.

That is heavy. Hope you ate your Wheaties, before moving it. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3x coolers with heartfelt beads and Bovedas( winter & summer time)

2 copy paper boxes filled with singles in ziplocks and Bovedas

5 humidors- 100ct, 50ct, 25ct, 40ish ct, 25ct

Overflow: Inbetween 20-30 boxes behind all of this in ziplocks with Bovedas.

...I think I need a tower or cabinet of some sort.

9e9530131252c1b84a1bb5f24eec940a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3x coolers with heartfelt beads and Bovedas( winter & summer time)

2 copy paper boxes filled with singles in ziplocks and Bovedas

5 humidors- 100ct, 50ct, 25ct, 40ish ct, 25ct

Overflow: Inbetween 20-30 boxes behind all of this in ziplocks with Bovedas.

...I think I need a tower or cabinet of some sort.

9e9530131252c1b84a1bb5f24eec940a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frost yes u do, cigars need to look bueno lol

• Like 1