Whats your setup?

Cohiba Stevie

622 members have voted

1. 1. What type of humidor are you using?

2. 2. What type of humification are you using?

• Active (Please specify: Cigar Oasis, Hydra etc.)
    • Passive (Please specify: Heartfelt beads, HCM beads, Boveda, crystals etc.)
    • Basic (distilled water / PG solution with foam humidifier)
    • Other (Please specify with post)
  3. 3. Does your collection mainly consist of

• All singles, unboxed.
    • Mostly singles unboxed, with 1 or 2 boxes
    • Boxes only
    • Mostly boxes, with a few singles in dedicated compartment.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about full, time to decide what's next. 

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, whe

Think I have posted about my set-up before - here's the details : 90% of my cigars are in inside metal lockers from a German company named Zarges that are water/airtight and those metal lockers are

Just dug this bad boy out of the garage. This is going to be my long term storage. Sent Forrest a email to get some shelves set up for it today.I have a Whynter on the way for mid term storage and a 100ct tabletop for ROTT and smoking for within the next couple months. HF beads in everything backed by a few Boveda bags, both 65%. Then will start experimenting with fans.

post-5518-0-33565600-1454453165_thumb.jp

• Like 1

IMG_1597%201_zps7kixged9.jpg

IMG_1240_zpsoplskcpx.jpgIMG_1608%201_zpsxnrfgmnw.jpgIMG_1606_zpsgqgx43bs.jpgIMG_1604%201_zpsb8uotm3m.jpg

IMG_1601_zpsulke8o9i.jpg

IMG_1602%201_zpsa4yegapp.jpg

IMG_1603_zps5bg9wolv.jpg

IMG_1596%201_zps014qq43d.jpgIMG_1595%201_zpsshvz7btz.jpg

IMG_1608%201_zpsxnrfgmnw.jpg

nice setup. I got those macanudos because I thought the band was cool but I ended up really enjoying them. Probably need to look for a few if they're still available.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, where the active humidifers are located. I don't think this is a problem with the system as much as it is the fact that the thing is packed full of boxes (and it's actually quite a bit fuller now than in the pic below) and the streams of humid air have a difficult time making it up to the top shelf.Also, while the internal fans are virtually silent, the humidifers are not and they run quite often. So much so that I wish there was a quieter option. If I were to do this over, in addition to making the unit 2x the size, I would probably ask Bob to find a quieter option for the humidifers even if that option took up more space.6170928174_a9e145e17a_b.jpg6170929172_54d8d41c0d_b.jpg6470351063_d6615e39ec_b.jpg

I just spent 30-minutes drooling over the members set-ups, as much for what is inside them as well as the storage units themselves. I almost feel a little dirty after beimg exposed to some of those amazing collections. :). However, this has got to be my favorite set-up on here. A beautiful heirloom piece of furniture that also appears "tank like" in its ability to protect and maintain your collection. Major props to you!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

This bad boy showed up last night! Conditioning it now! This one will be for short term storage, smoking within a year or so. Can't beat amazon prime, ordered Mon. Delivered Wed.

I had the smaller version and just upgraded to this same exact model... Making few of my own custom cosmetic modification to it.

• Like 1

This bad boy showed up last night! Conditioning it now! This one will be for short term storage, smoking within a year or so. Can't beat amazon prime, ordered Mon. Delivered Wed.

What's the make/spec etc? V nice unit and I've got a big birthday later this year... Might have to drop some less than subtle hints to Mrs /mum /besty/ anybody else who'll listen!
  • Like 1

It's Whynter CHC-251S

Yup! It's not huge, alot of the wine coolers are bigger. But this comes with the cedar shelves included so you don't have to wait for custom ones. You can typically fit two boxes a shelf, I can cram in 4 PC size boxes by opening the shelf above it first and then double stack. Some smaller cabs can sit on the bottom. And the drawers actually hold quite a bit. 360usd from Amazon, free 2day shipping with prime, I want another!http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KO90H6Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1457454449&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=whynter+humidor&dpPl=1&dpID=41yE%2BFnVOCL&ref=plSrch

• 3 weeks later...

post-28662-145889136422.jpg

Xikar 5 count travel humidor, which will now live in the car. Monte 5s fit nicely doubled up in the mid section, the slight curve making the end slots more suitable for singles.

JLP Conservas in this case as a short filler ash is easier to manage when driving (that's the theory anyway...). Not that I'd do that anyway, as it's illegal, obviously, officer.

post-28662-145889137248.jpg

• Like 2

Yup! It's not huge, alot of the wine coolers are bigger. But this comes with the cedar shelves included so you don't have to wait for custom ones. You can typically fit two boxes a shelf, I can cram in 4 PC size boxes by opening the shelf above it first and then double stack. Some smaller cabs can sit on the bottom. And the drawers actually hold quite a bit. 360usd from Amazon, free 2day shipping with prime, I want another!http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KO90H6Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1457454449&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=whynter+humidor&dpPl=1&dpID=41yE%2BFnVOCL&ref=plSrch

Not available in the UK and from the US the carriage isn't free (cripplingly expensive).

No matter, to be honest it doesn't get hot enough round here to really need one, but I saw the pics and it set me off!

Fill it up Ray and post more shots.

Have a good Easter.

• Like 1

How's yours treating you? I added a Hydra active humidifier to mine and couple of fans to circulate the air in there. I only have 2 shelves and 1 drawer left. Had to make room for all the boxes lol ?

How's yours treating you? I added a Hydra active humidifier to mine and couple of fans to circulate the air in there. I only have 2 shelves and 1 drawer left. Had to make room for all the boxes lol

Good, just added a lil water to the beads for the first time. Guess that means everything is sealed up right. Thinking of taking a couple shelves out to stack boxes better and get more out of it.

Good, just added a lil water to the beads for the first time. Guess that means everything is sealed up right. Thinking of taking a couple shelves out to stack boxes better and get more out of it.

Sealing in this unit is spot on, no issues there but I went with an active humidifer (Hydra) ... This was a no go .. The humidity was different in the bottom vs middle and higher, even with adding fans. Going a different route and also adding Johnson a419 temp control unit. I already added LED lights to the interior since the led blue light it comes with is very much useless. I'll post pictures soon.

Cool, I have a 2% varience from top to bottom. It doesn't bother me though. I've started dryboxing a couple days before smoking and it doesn't seem to matter if I grab from top or bottom, they all smoke good.

Cool, I have a 2% varience from top to bottom. It doesn't bother me though. I've started dryboxing a couple days before smoking and it doesn't seem to matter if I grab from top or bottom, they all smoke good.

Yes sir, I agree. I have a dry box as well. Do you keep your boxes fully closed or cracked open? I hear different opinions on this.

Both, I don't have enough stock that I think will make to the long term. So I don't put a whole lot of thought or care into it. I open it daily to grab sticks out, so I don't think it will be the ideal aging humi anyways. I have a Haier wineador, that I'm waiting on shelves from Forrest. He must be busy cause it's taking forever, like 10weeks so far. This one will be more for long term storage. Where I might be more concerned with constant RH, and box conditions. But like anything else on forums, both sides will argue to the death for they're side of the debate. Almost have to flip a coin and go with it lol!

• 2 weeks later...

My Whynter and Haier

Finally get to see the Whynter and the Haier in and action! Hope it's all settled and is working well for you. That's a very nice set up, and a sweet selection of cigars too.

Shame I live 5000 miles distance or I'd be round this afternoon

Neil

• Like 1