Whats your setup?

Cohiba Stevie

622 members have voted

1. 1. What type of humidor are you using?

2. 2. What type of humification are you using?

• Active (Please specify: Cigar Oasis, Hydra etc.)
    • Passive (Please specify: Heartfelt beads, HCM beads, Boveda, crystals etc.)
    • Basic (distilled water / PG solution with foam humidifier)
    • Other (Please specify with post)
  3. 3. Does your collection mainly consist of

• All singles, unboxed.
    • Mostly singles unboxed, with 1 or 2 boxes
    • Boxes only
    • Mostly boxes, with a few singles in dedicated compartment.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about full, time to decide what's next. 

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, whe

Think I have posted about my set-up before - here's the details : 90% of my cigars are in inside metal lockers from a German company named Zarges that are water/airtight and those metal lockers are

A couple of weeks ago I began the process of "upgrading" from a medium sized desktop humidor to a NewAir 281e wineador. I spent 12 days ridding the unit of its intense plastic smell and then loaded it with 1 lb. of HCM 65% RH beads. Cedar drawers and shelves should arrive by end of May, and if all goes as planned I should be able to start stocking it with product in early June. party.gif

A couple of weeks ago I began the process of "upgrading" from a medium sized desktop humidor to a NewAir 281e wineador. I spent 12 days ridding the unit of its intense plastic smell and then loaded it with 1 lb. of HCM 65% RH beads. Cedar drawers and shelves should arrive by end of May, and if all goes as planned I should be able to start stocking it with product in early June. party.gif

Did your dog eat the pictures ? Lol

On 5/18/2016 at 0:50 PM, CigarSeeker said:

Did your dog eat the pictures ? Lol

I thought it would be pretty boring to post pictures of an empty wineador. I'll be happy to post pics after the drawers arrive and there are some cigars in the new setup. peace.gif

EDIT: I received the drawers and shelves and I'm diggin' the new setup.  Two drawers and three shelves seems to strike a good balance for storing boxes and singles.  I'm still using the desktop humidor for sticks that I smoke on a regular basis.   

Add'l info (10/04/16): Attached are updated pics since rearranging the drawers and shelves.  I've also managed to get my interior climate to target temp. and rH.  :) 

Humi-Setup-01.JPG

Humi-Setup-02.JPG

Humi-Setup-03.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2016 at 6:48 PM, FrostD said:

Just added this beauty to my collection. All seasoned up and will be full by the end of the weekend!

e4dbc1c82a838e4ce46a5f0623773f31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's beautiful- what's the height on it out of curiosity?

Just some desktop humis I've picked along the way. Not having more space stops me from getting broke out of buying cigars. Which is good for the wallet but bad for the spirit.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2016 at 1:12 PM, MahDooRow said:

I thought it would be pretty boring to post pictures of an empty wineador. I'll be happy to post pics after the drawers arrive and there are some cigars in the new setup. peace.gif

EDIT: I received the drawers and shelves and I'm diggin' the new setup.  Two drawers and three shelves seems to strike a good balance for storing boxes and singles.  I'm still using the desktop humidor for sticks that I smoke on a regular basis.     

cigar-setup-01.JPG

Nice! I have a NewAir and a desktop also...great minds think alike!

cigar-setup-01.JPG

What kind of humidity readings are you getting? I have a NewAir CC-100 1lb or 60 beads and I'm getting 63 on top and 70 on bottom

5 hours ago, PadronFan said:

What kind of humidity readings are you getting? I have a NewAir CC-100 1lb or 60 beads and I'm getting 63 on top and 70 on bottom

My rH is right around 60% with only 1/2 lb. of beads on the center shelf.

Since posting that picture I've changed my temp. setting to 66F and placed the drawers at the top.  The actual temp. (per my hygrometers) is 69F-70F.  Lower temp. settings, such as 60F, caused condensation to drip from the cooling fan.  The higher temp. setting has cured that problem.    

21 hours ago, MahDooRow said:

My rH is right around 60% with only 1/2 lb. of beads on the center shelf.

Since posting that picture I've changed my temp. setting to 66F and placed the drawers at the top.  The actual temp. (per my hygrometers) is 69F-70F.  Lower temp. settings, such as 60F, caused condensation to drip from the cooling fan.  The higher temp. setting has cured that problem.    

Interesting, I had my temp set to 65F before, which produced 62%/70% results for the top and bottom drawers respectively. I raised the temp to 67 yesterday to see if I could create more consistency between the two and have noticed that the top has increade to 64% but the bottom has stayed locked at 70%. Interesting results. I also worry about reducing the temp too low to cause condensation. None yet however.

I suppose I will go back down to 65F or try lower

1 hour ago, PadronFan said:

Interesting, I had my temp set to 65F before, which produced 62%/70% results for the top and bottom drawers respectively. I raised the temp to 67 yesterday to see if I could create more consistency between the two and have noticed that the top has increade to 64% but the bottom has stayed locked at 70%. Interesting results. I also worry about reducing the temp too low to cause condensation. None yet however.

I suppose I will go back down to 65F or try lower

It makes sense that your rH reading would go down as you decrease the temp. setting because cooler air holds less humidity than warmer air.  The rH reading on your hygrometer is simply reporting a % of humidity relative to the maximum amount that the air can hold at a specific temperature.  So be aware that lowering the temperature in order to lower your rH can be a trap.  You may get a better rH reading, but the environmental conditions that result may not be better for your cigars.  The fact that your rH increased when you increased the temp. setting (IMO) indicates you have more humidity in the air than you think.  

Check your cigars.  How do they feel?  Are the soft and spongy or dry and firm?  Also take note of how they smoke (i.e. how they taste and how they burn).  Ultimately your temp. and rH targets should be a function of getting the most smoking enjoyment from your cigars.  Finally, experimenting with different temperatures and rH levels takes time.  It will take days or even weeks for your cigars to adjust to new temp. and rH levels.  Go slow and don't try to rush the process.  

• Like 1

It makes sense that your rH reading would go down as you decrease the temp. setting because cooler air holds less humidity than warmer air.  The rH reading on your hygrometer is simply reporting a % of humidity relative to the maximum amount that the air can hold at a specific temperature.  So be aware that lowering the temperature in order to lower your rH can be a trap.  You may get a better rH reading, but the environmental conditions that result may not be better for your cigars.  The fact that your rH increased when you increased the temp. setting (IMO) indicates you have more humidity in the air than you think.  

Check your cigars.  How do they feel?  Are the soft and spongy or dry and firm?  Also take note of how they smoke (i.e. how they taste and how they burn).  Ultimately your temp. and rH targets should be a function of getting the most smoking enjoyment from your cigars.  Finally, experimenting with different temperatures and rH levels takes time.  It will take days or even weeks for your cigars to adjust to new temp. and rH levels.  Go slow and don't try to rush the process.  

Yep that was my assumption as well. Mostly because my cigars have been too spongy to really be sitting at 62. They've also been burning badly and going out. So I'm hoping that possibly increasing the temp can help normalize the environment by not having the compressor run as often.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right now I'm running a 300ct humidor and a Sistema tupperdor.

However I have a 28 bottle wine cooler on the way that should fit everything once I get a few drawers / shelves in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My too full CC humidor. Good friend gave me his Aristocrat. He got a larger unit.

Thought I would be able to get rid of the tupperdors, but underestimated how many boxes I could fit in the Aristocrat.53f33bd6b346e3b3b93206f283d19fd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My whole setup is only a few weeks old, but I have a Newair 250 count. It keeps them cool when the weather warms up, obviously.

My problem was, when it's cold, the temp cold drop well below 60, and then swing back up in the day. Not good.

SO I got a seedling propagation mat connected to a regulator that is set to kick on when it drops to 66.  Cooling set to 71. It seems to keep the temp much more stable!  I have the mat on the floor of the unit, keep my "travel" 75 count humidor on top of it (empty and cracked open), and nothing else on that level.  

I am only recently getting more serious again, so I currently only have a box of H upmann 184r reserves in there, a couple fists of singles, and a box of Gurkha shadows on the way.  I think I'll get a box of vintage 99 Patels soon too.  Then maybe one more box for good measure, but no idea what!

Any thoughts or advice on this right?  It's only been a couple weeks, so not sure of long term effect on the cigars yet...

• 1 month later...

Here's mine. I've been buying more NC than Cuban lately. I think I need to remedy that this summer.48d318e31a9a8be475299d415ae40411.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 4