Whats your setup?

Cohiba Stevie

622 members have voted

1. 1. What type of humidor are you using?

2. 2. What type of humification are you using?

• Active (Please specify: Cigar Oasis, Hydra etc.)
    • Passive (Please specify: Heartfelt beads, HCM beads, Boveda, crystals etc.)
    • Basic (distilled water / PG solution with foam humidifier)
    • Other (Please specify with post)
  3. 3. Does your collection mainly consist of

• All singles, unboxed.
    • Mostly singles unboxed, with 1 or 2 boxes
    • Boxes only
    • Mostly boxes, with a few singles in dedicated compartment.

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Phil S said:

After years of plastic containers and self-pimped wooden cabinets, I could finally pick up my new humidor cabinet last weekend. 
This is a 100% made in Germany cabinet made from sapeli mahogany throughout, and some glass, apparently. Humidification is managed through an electronic controller/humidifier with WiFi connection. I can edit all tasks (humidity, air circulation intervals, lighting etc) via browser client as long as I am in the same network (or use vpn) and check the constantly recorded temp/hum log from anywhere (running on a web server). 

90C371A2-4610-4623-9F0E-F0370548389D.jpeg.9501d5e8baab2aa0ca5506609037d49b.jpeg11AE3CC3-E5B8-47A7-A005-C345249E9FEF.jpeg.73c4851527818e04e4edfdbd07b59059.jpegF06B8710-DBEE-47F4-9213-FC7D68F42C66.jpeg.6987e650e27871b10d7f0c67a5b059e6.jpeg39F19B9C-339E-4EB8-861F-5B5C67B2B84F.jpeg.e0bd298f1707f09d4186edc1a4ab7831.jpeg

Beautiful. Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just about full, time to decide what's next. 

Here's my Aristocrat. Two active humidifers on the bottom, three fans and temp controlled. I'd say it works great, although the humidity at to top of the unit is typically 2-3% below the bottom, whe

Think I have posted about my set-up before - here's the details : 90% of my cigars are in inside metal lockers from a German company named Zarges that are water/airtight and those metal lockers are

3 hours ago, Hollywood Ninja said:

I missed a bit of the ritual with a wooden humidor, so wife picked this for me over the holidays.

6c7be658f7ed101752eb1989d8271394.jpg
1bdc990b0a37def605d2de609cc5e856.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, what brand / model? 

Very nice, what brand / model? 

It’s sold under the Brouk & Co. label but is made by Sikarlan. This one is the “Donovan.” I’ve had it up and running for a couple weeks and appears to be holding at a steady and even 65% with 4 Boveda packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2021 at 5:54 AM, NicPac said:

Beautiful. Congrats!

Superb  @Phil S I have one of Marc's too. Fantastically made. I'm really jealous about the wifi set up. would love that but don't think it could be retro fitted. How did you find out about them?

20 hours ago, Webbo said:

Superb  @Phil S I have one of Marc's too. Fantastically made. I'm really jealous about the wifi set up. would love that but don't think it could be retro fitted. How did you find out about them?

I pretty much believe there IS a way to retrofit a WiFi "Hymidor" actually...

Marc is a frequent user in a german cigar board (https://www.zigarren-community.de), I knew his products for a long time already, and it was clear that IF I ever invest in a humidor cabinet available in Germany, it would be one of his. Plus, I was able to do the drive to his place in 1,5hrs and 1,5hrs back to Munich, so that was kind of a no-brainer.

If you´re interested in a WiFi upgrade I can forward you to the responsible contact person. He is also a member of that board I mentioned above. 

3 hours ago, Phil S said:

I pretty much believe there IS a way to retrofit a WiFi "Hymidor" actually...

Marc is a frequent user in a german cigar board (https://www.zigarren-community.de), I knew his products for a long time already, and it was clear that IF I ever invest in a humidor cabinet available in Germany, it would be one of his. Plus, I was able to do the drive to his place in 1,5hrs and 1,5hrs back to Munich, so that was kind of a no-brainer.

If you´re interested in a WiFi upgrade I can forward you to the responsible contact person. He is also a member of that board I mentioned above. 

I would really appreciate that, thank you.