New to this

Chad

Just bought a medium sized humidor seasoned, it will holds @ 120 cigars, I have the the 65% beads with digital hygrometer. The question is, if the house is at 75F will the humidor raise to that temp? I live in the U.S, and in the state of Arizona, it is vary hot and dry here. Any info would be great.

Thank you

Chad

A humidor is a sealed environment. The beads, if maintained correctly, will keep the humidity at their stated level. The humidity outside of the humidor will not effect the inside humidity unless you allow the outside humidity in i.e open the humidor. If you open the humidor the humidity may rise... or lower depending on the outside humidity. Once the humidor is sealed again then the beads will do their work again.

Yes, the humidor will generally take on the temperature of the room you have it in unless it has temperature control as well as humidity control, so you need to try and control temperature in addition to humidity. Keep it out of the sunlight and in the coolest part of the house so you don't get tobacco beetles. A better temperature is around 68F to 70F if you can swing it. Good luck!

• Like 1

A humidor is a sealed environment. The beads, if maintained correctly, will keep the humidity at their stated level. The humidity outside of the humidor will not effect the inside humidity unless you allow the outside humidity in i.e open the humidor. If you open the humidor the humidity may rise... or lower depending on the outside humidity. Once the humidor is sealed again then the beads will do their work again.

Thank you

Yes, the humidor will generally take on the temperature of the room you have it in unless it has temperature control as well as humidity control, so you need to try and control temperature in addition to humidity. Keep it out of the sunlight and in the coolest part of the house so you don't get tobacco beetles. A better temperature is around 68F to 70F if you can swing it. Good luck!

Thank you

Thank you

• 4 years later...
On 3/14/2012 at 5:34 AM, vanbellc said:

I was just lurking and saw this...GO HAWKS!!!