Cigar name shortening...

Hi all =)

I was wondering- is there a thread somewhere where I can check out all the shortened names of the CC's? It sounds really stupid, but a lot of the time I'll read through the forums and be at a complete loss as to what is being smoked... there are some that are self explanatory (e.g.- HdM = Hoyo de Monterrey) but, for example, it took me a while to discover what PSD4 was... and I don't even want to explain my confusion when I learned that HQ and PSP weren't even cigars, but grades of quality lol :rotfl:

With that in mind, I bet that the standard answer is that "it will come in time" so it's no problem- but if you could all give me a "kickstart" and translate a few of the most popular I would REALLY appreciate it!! ;)

Thanking you,

Ryan

Cohiba Robusto - CoR0

Partagas Serie P #2 - PSP2

Partagas Short - Party Short

Behike - BHK

Lusitania - Lusi

Montecristo Grand Edmundo - Monte GE

Cazadores - Cazzy

H Upmann Sir Winston - Sir Winnie or Winnie

Petite Corona - PC

Por Larranga Petite Corona - PLPC

Ramon Allones - RA

Trinidad - Trini

El Ray Del Mundo - ERDM

Quai 'D' Orsay - QDO

Saint Luis Rey - SLR

Limited Editions - EL

Regional Release - RE

Diplomatico - Dip or Diplo

Bolivar - Boli

Bolivar Belicosos Finos - BBF

Bolivar Petite Corona - Boli PC

Bolivar Royal Corona - Boli RC

H Upmann Connoisseur - Connie

Vegas Robaina - VR

Ramon Allones Specially Selected - RASS

This should get you through

If you use do a search using acronym*, you'll find a few discussions on the topic. I agree it can be a bit confusing,but I found doing some research to decipher the abbreviations was a helpful learning experience.

Oops... usually I search to make sure I'm not rehashing questions, but I didn't know what to search for. Acronym! *palms face* :whistle:

Cohiba Robusto - CoR0Partagas Serie P #2 - PSP2Partagas Short - Party ShortBehike - BHKLusitania - LusiMontecristo Grand Edmundo - Monte GECazadores - CazzyH Upmann Sir Winston - Sir Winnie or WinniePetite Corona - PCPor Larranga Petite Corona - PLPCRamon Allones - RATrinidad - TriniEl Ray Del Mundo - ERDMQuai 'D' Orsay - QDOSaint Luis Rey - SLRLimited Editions - ELRegional Release - REDiplomatico - Dip or DiploBolivar - BoliBolivar Belicosos Finos - BBFBolivar Petite Corona - Boli PCBolivar Royal Corona - Boli RCH Upmann Connoisseur - ConnieVegas Robaina - VRRamon Allones Specially Selected - RASSThis should get you through

Cheers mate, this is gold. I'll keep it in the memory bank :D

Cohiba Robusto - CoR0

Partagas Serie P #2 - PSP2

Partagas Short - Party Short

Behike - BHK

Lusitania - Lusi

Montecristo Grand Edmundo - Monte GE

Cazadores - Cazzy

H Upmann Sir Winston - Sir Winnie or Winnie

Petite Corona - PC

Por Larranga Petite Corona - PLPC

Ramon Allones - RA

Trinidad - Trini

El Ray Del Mundo - ERDM

Quai 'D' Orsay - QDO

Saint Luis Rey - SLR

Limited Editions - EL

Regional Release - RE

Diplomatico - Dip or Diplo

Bolivar - Boli

Bolivar Belicosos Finos - BBF

Bolivar Petite Corona - Boli PC

Bolivar Royal Corona - Boli RC

H Upmann Connoisseur - Connie

Vegas Robaina - VR

Ramon Allones Specially Selected - RASS

This should get you through

Dude! What are you doing giving away all the secrets without having to buy a secret decoder ring? -LOL

CTP (Cheers, the Pig)

Dude! What are you doing giving away all the secrets without having to buy a secret decoder ring? -LOL

CTP (Cheers, the Pig)

Just brothers helping brothers Ray......you do plenty of it yourself, you are not fooling anybody!

Since we're on the topic of acronyms, the British press is always using shortened and cute versions of famous people's names.. Why?? Beats me !

Paul McCartney...... Macca

Madonna...... Madge

Michael Shumacher........ Shumi

Why do they do it??

I can't keep up and I need to keep cigar acronyms and people's names in order........ Its so confusing

• 1 year later...

I can understand why the Por Larrañaga petit corona is called PLPC, but "Sir Winnie" for Sir Winston or "cazzy" for cazadores sounds childish and ridiculous to me… What's the benefit, 2 letters less?

The way i see it, its like Australians shortening Barry to Baz, or Darren to Daz. We don't do it to save time, we do it because we can and it sounds cool.

The way i see it, its like Australians shortening Barry to Baz, or Darren to Daz. We don't do it to save time, we do it because we can and it sounds cool.

.... Well spoken.

Here they always get me with the traffic news.

"Heavy on PIE after KPE going CTE towards CBD"