Bolivar Britanicas

Orion21

This is going to be a very short review. . .

It tastes like a Bolivar, it has nice twang and its very smooth. However, this cigar is either in a major sick period or a very very mild blend. There is not much going on other than a slight barnyard hay and light tobacco flavor and the last third was almost unsmokable. Very tannic and sour. If you have any give them another 6 months to a year to come back to life.

If compared to the RA Celestiales Finos, the same roll, I would smoke the RA everyday of the week and twice in Sunday. A superior cigar right now. Pics to come tomorrow.

A beautiful cigar

img20121016202302.jpg

The burn was good thru all but the first 1/4

img20121016202746.jpg

img20121016203330.jpg

This was the "best" point of the cigar. The Boli flavors I love and some light coffee made for an enjoyable second third.

img20121016204217.jpg

By the time I hit the RE band the cigar was becoming unsmokable.

img20121016204842.jpg

Shlomo,

I did not smoke the RACF rott because they were supposed to be almost too strong to smoke. I bought my boxes after they had the 1.5-2 years Rob recommended to let then settle down. These Bolivars have the opposite problem from what I see. I'm only calling it how I see it right now. The RACF are fantastic cigars and these Bolis are not enjoyable. Could they come around? Surely, but its going to take some time. The final third had something, but the tannins and sourness completely covered up whatever is there.

Pictures added as promised smile.png

mk,

I watched Ajays video and I got none of what he is talking about. I honestly think this stick was in a sick period because there is no other explanation. If HSA worked with Ajay to blend this cigar with good tobacco there should be no reason for it to smoke this way. Since his initial tasting was performed on 12/4 of this year there is a real possibility these went back to sleep.

• 3 months later...

I am not so sure these would benefit all that much with age as they are fairly light and easy and smooth to begin with, but if you have a box with some acidity on the back end, a couple years should hopefully get rid of that for you.

This is what folks thought of the Monte Sublime as well, but look how that turned out.

• 3 years later...

Classics in the making. Good now but they have very  long legs. 

Wow man, you brought back an oldie!!!

Thanks for posting. I had forgot I wrote this review or I would have updated it about 6 months ago when I smoked my last one.  I wish mine were classics, but I have to say I have been very disappointed.  The cigar was bland and one dimensional.  Nothing like the one I reviewed because all of the tannic sourness had gone away, but what was left was lighter than the current LCDH Bolivar.  Decent flavors, but just too light.