Por Larranaga Montecarlos

sbmcduffee

Spot on, Ro! Will some time take care of that? I can't WAIT until my PLs are nicely developed. Little flavors teases are not enough!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smoking through an EML SEP 14 box right now and I'm not disappointed. They do need some time to acclimate in the humi but after the 30-60 days they're ready to rock.  These are starting off on th

Having smoked my first one of these last night (a single, no idea of age), If I had a category of “biggest different between how expensive it tastes and actual cost” the PLMC would be my pick so far.

These are pretty sensational. I am almost finished with a TOS Sep 15 box, and the value here in pretty outstanding. Not just a very good cigar for the price, but a very good cigar, period. Maybe

• 1 month later...

How long are you putting them in the fridge prior to smoking?

The general wisdom around here involves putting them into the freezer for 30-60 min. I've tried it a few times and it works ok as long as you let the cigar warm up to room temp before lighting.

Call me old-fashioned, but I use my drybox for the same thing and it works well as long as I can adequately plan what I'll want to smoke in a day or two's time.

I dont know why but I have never tried these,go'n to have to try and scare up A few of these!

Well I received my first box of these about ten days ago. I was blown away by the flavour razor sharp burn an excellent morning smoke with coffee! I can tell though these need to be smoked low and slow! May 2012.

Well I received my first box of these about ten days ago. I was blown away by the flavour razor sharp burn an excellent morning smoke with coffee! I can tell though these need to be smoked low and slow! May 2013.

These PL Montecarlos are A hell of alot better than some of the LE's I've tried and the price is right in there!!

The first PL Montecarlo I had permanently and surely demonstrated that - at least as far as my palate is concerned - the best smokes coming out of Cuba are not the most expensive and do not have a RG over 50.

Slow and low is the key with these - and, really, I don't typically have to drybox them, unlike the somewhat immature (2 yrs old) PLPC I have.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update: AME MAY 13. Smoked like a PL with twice that much age on it. Toasted tobacco and dark sweet honey. Can't beat this for the money! Really remarkable for the price.

• Like 2

Update: AME MAY 13. Smoked like a PL with twice that much age on it. Toasted tobacco and dark sweet honey. Can't beat this for the money! Really remarkable for the price.

Agreed. Got a box with that code. Very tasty. Will make sure to always have a box on hand.

I have a box of these as well. If I were to consider any cigar in my humidor as my "go-to," it would definitely be these!

I love the Monte Carlo. It has been my go to c&c smoke for the last few years. Por Larrañagas are wonderful with coffee, and a great morning smoke. I am glad to see all the love for these thin ring gauge cigars!

Couldn't agree more. I find both the PLMC and PLP to be very good with a coffee in the am. I prefer to have a PLP when I'm in a rush, as the PLMC can't be smoked quickly. I do prefer the PLMC flavour wise.

The Hand Made are non existan. H but it is, no?15696747351_04969a13ea.jpg

15513269098_1a388ef3c1.jpg

Both 1999 right? Interesting to say the least! Same factories or no? I can't see them well. Has this ever been seen before 2001 or 2002 boxes?
  • Like 1

I bought A box of these A while back and just through them in the cooler,finaly fired one up A couple months ago great morning smoke 2012 date! I need to get more just right low and slow! Two thumbs up!

Agreed, and I have to say it is great to hear all the positive comments, I really want to find more 'off-the-beaten-track' gems like these.

looking.gif

Sit right down and snag yourself some H Upmann PCs. If you like the Upmann profile, these may be the best smoke in the lineup (I prefer them even over the SW!) They do need some settling time, however...

Sit right down and snag yourself some H Upmann PCs. If you like the Upmann profile, these may be the best smoke in the lineup (I prefer them even over the SW!) They do need some settling time, however...

Well, thanks very much for the recommendation, I'll certainly need to add them to my 'exploration' list.

First things first though, I'm pleased to say I have just ordered a box of the PL Montecarlos - very difficult to turn down Diana's superb offer and for those that haven't heard the good news, clicking this link below is almost guaranteed to magnify your smoking pleasure:

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120788

Enjoy!

party.gif