Por Larranaga Montecarlos

sbmcduffee

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smoking through an EML SEP 14 box right now and I'm not disappointed. They do need some time to acclimate in the humi but after the 30-60 days they're ready to rock.  These are starting off on th

Having smoked my first one of these last night (a single, no idea of age), If I had a category of “biggest different between how expensive it tastes and actual cost” the PLMC would be my pick so far.

These are pretty sensational. I am almost finished with a TOS Sep 15 box, and the value here in pretty outstanding. Not just a very good cigar for the price, but a very good cigar, period. Maybe

The Hand Made are non existant, but it is, no?15696747351_04969a13ea.jpg

15513269098_1a388ef3c1.jpg

The cello wrapped cigars are machine made.

These boxes are usually marked "cello" or "cellophane", on the name label, but never "machine-made".

The others are machine bunched and hand-wrapped;

and the boxes are usually stamped "Totalmente a mano" on the bottom,

though this is at best a half truth.

There were no fully hand made Montecarlos before c.2002,

when the cigar-rolling machines were finally abandoned.

Those previously machine made cigars that survived the big change-over

were reborn as fully hand made, though generally using the same tobaccos

that were used in their former incarnations.

• 2 weeks later...

>> New FOH!

I was just in Cuba last month and brought home lots of cigars. It feels like a spent a small fortune.

I've been eyeing the *****INT site and so far have been able to resist the urge to purchase anything.

After reading this thread, and being only $125/box, I've placed my first order.

Can't wait to try them!

Thanks guys. (no sarcasm, honest)

/Dave

• 1 month later...

Gonna pull the trigger soon!!!

You won't regret it. If you like skinny, these are simply amazing when you figure the price. Currently vying with RASS as my supreme favorite smoke!

Could be humidity. Mine are perfect.

Humidity isn't the issue with these. I have my setup sitting at 65. I have spoken to a few people on the subject and they all seem to say the same thing. Don't get me wrong; it's a great cigar. I just wished I didn't need to unclog each and every one. I'm hoping my next box is better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent smoke in my opinion. Some have been a bit tight on the draw but not terrible. I get a raisin flavor and they are great with coffee as others have mentioned. And this is coming from an early 2014 box. EML Feb 14.

yall making it tempting!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I received an EML ABR 14 box the first week of December. I gave them about 6 weeks to rest and tried one. The first one was the worst drawing cigar I've ever had. The draw testing machine must not have been working the day they finished this box. I ended up cutting about an inch and half from the head of the cigar that was SOLID. No amount of poking or rolling between my fingers was going to help. After I cut of the densest part, I poked from the head towards the foot and tried again, a little something, but I couldn't take more than a few more puffs as the smoke was harsh and acrid due to how hard I had to draw. Very disappointed with my first experience.