sbmcduffee

Por Larranaga Montecarlos

121 posts in this topic

I received an EML ABR 14 box the first week of December. I gave them about 6 weeks to rest and tried one. The first one was the worst drawing cigar I've ever had. The draw testing machine must not have been working the day they finished this box. I ended up cutting about an inch and half from the head of the cigar that was SOLID. No amount of poking or rolling between my fingers was going to help. After I cut of the densest part, I poked from the head towards the foot and tried again, a little something, but I couldn't take more than a few more puffs as the smoke was harsh and acrid due to how hard I had to draw. Very disappointed with my first experience.

I tried another one a few days ago. I went through the entire top row of the box this time working each cigar in my fingers looking for hard spots like I found in the first cigar. Unfortunately there were quite a few more hard spots, fortunately non of them seemed to be as large or densely packed as what I saw in the first cigar.

The second cigar smoked much better than the first, almost perfect draw/construction wise. Caramel in spades already, the creamy rich sweetness was really amazing. The burn was perfect, no touch ups or relights throughout. The ash fell off on me once, but I'm prone to that. I smoked it until about 1 1/2" from the end, it began to get harsh pretty quickly at this point and I gave up on it. These really need to be smoked slowly, as tough as it is. Definitely impressed with the caramel sweetness, especially for the price. They didn't have much past that caramel flavor though and seemed to have a bit of a hole and some roughness around the edges still. I am disappointed with the possibility of so many plugged sticks, but I am excited to try them again in a few years once they had some time to mature.

I have PLPC sitting in my dry box. I think I will light it up tonight.

I'm new to all this, but bought a box of PLP not long ago and was totally blown away. Especially considering the price point...every time (except maybe 2-3 duds), I couldn't believe I was smoking a $2 stick. Needless to say, I'm excited to try the rest of the vitola's the marca has to offer.

1 person likes this

have a box of plmc and plpc on hand which have aged very well. after reading up on the forum, bought 2 boxes of the MCs which shipped yesterday. hopes are very very high

I have had a couple more from the same EML ABR 14 box, Completely different experience. Other than the first, unsmokably plugged cigar these have been GREAT. Rich Creamy Caramel flavor, still getting a it harsh towards the end, but I struggle to smoke them slow enough. I am looking to add another box or two of a similar vintage/same code to see how they age. At this pace it wont be long at all before I'm done with this box.

Still trying to decide whether these have unseated RASS as my favorite cigar. Both are a decadent mix of rustic and refined, but LOVE the RG on these! A little dryboxing goes a long way!

Have some EML sitting back, so don't know about them, but these AME are almost rosado in color and starting to display an amazing depth of flavor.

One of the best values out there IMHO, really terrific!

I picked up a box of these as my first box purchase. I bought 4 from my B&M and had enjoyed 2 before a sale had me decide to pickup a box. Really lovely cigars, glad to see so many agree.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, wd123 said:

I picked up a box of these as my first box purchase. I bought 4 from my B&M and had enjoyed 2 before a sale had me decide to pickup a box. Really lovely cigars, glad to see so many agree.

Recently picked up a box myself.  I really enjoy these.  You may have persuaded me to enjoy one later tonight.

2 people like this

Can't wait, these are in the post to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

On October 6, 2016 at 8:15 AM, PaulPower said:

Can't wait, these are in the post to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us know how the recent boxes smoke!

Marevas are my favorite vitola across all brands, but I have become convinced PLMC > PLPC.  Not only is it a fun size, but PC takes 5-7 years to settle down to my preference whereas the MC only takes 2-5.

Just purchased a 10er of these to push an order to the free shipping point. Totally blind, didn't even review on here before hand. Sounds like it'll be a nice little surprise. 

I have a box of TOS JUL 16 and they definitely need more time. Might add a few to the singles grab bag and let the rest .. rest.

On 5/19/2017 at 6:04 PM, rhcolbert said:

Just purchased a 10er of these... 

A 10 box of PLMC? :confused:

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

You know I thought that too, but it may refer to a split of 10 perhaps?

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

3 hours ago, JohnS said:

You know I thought that too, but it may refer to a split of 10 perhaps?

Probably just 10 singles, to push the order over the free shipping threshold as mentioned.

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

Probably just 10 singles, to push the order over the free shipping threshold as mentioned.

Bingo. 10er woulda been better terms.