It's all about the cut.....  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Porterhouse or ribeye are both great. Porter has to be prime tho or the strip section may not have enough marbleing.

Also, as my Illinois neighbor pointed out, tri-tip is a great cut too. Suberb beef flavor.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ribeye - best cut for maximum beef:fat ratio, best cut for deep marbling, best cut for larger steaks, but still tender, most flavorful cut, most "beef-like" flavor, best cut for bone in or bone out o

If they voted for anything other than a bone in ribeye, they are either a child, a hippy, a female on a diet or quiet possibly , all 3.

Ribeye... the flavor is in the fat!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tough to call living in the best cattle country of the US. My favorite three cuts are the Porterhouse and Ribeye (or Prime Rib) followed by the NY Strip. But really you get any good aged cut of Black Angus and I think they taste better than any cut of of other beef cows. There is a little hunting resort up in Gettysburg South Dakota called Bob's Resort that specializes in three cuts, a 16oz Fillet called a Steak Sandwich, a 22oz Fillet called "The Choice Cut" and a 320z fillet called the "Prime Cut". All are phenominal as the slaughter and age Black Angus on site as well as age them. I order mine rare and they come out perfect just folding over the knife as you cut and melts like butter in your mouth. If I am ever withing 2-3 hrs I call up there to verify they are open and detour up there if I can. Another place worth mentioning is Elk Creek Steakhouse near Piedmont South Dakota for any Sturgis Motorcycle Rally goers. I've taken old cattlemen in there and they walk out saying it is the best steak they have ever had.

So to me it's not so much the cut itself as the type of cow it comes from, That it's not under stress when slaughtered (changes the flavor of the meat if they are), Aged properly and served rare. Oh and no steak sauces, if you need that it's not a good steak and you could just is well ask the chef to grind it up and put it on a bun. Many establishments look at you like your high if you ask for steak sauce up here.

Filet. Because you can wrap it in bacon. Everything's better with bacon!

Respectfully: Bacon may be better with beef, but beef is not better with bacon. Putting bacon on a prime steak is the equivalent to putting a sauce on it - "If one's steak needs a supporting cast, one may be buying the wrong kind of steak. " - I think Jesus said that actually!

My humble opinon innocent.gif

• Like 1

Respectfully: Bacon may be better with beef, but beef is not better with bacon. Putting bacon on a prime steak is the equivalent to putting a sauce on it - "If one's steak needs a supporting cast, one may be buying the wrong kind of steak. " - I think Jesus said that actually!

My humble opinon innocent.gif

Hmmm. Maybe you're right. Maybe I've been eating bacon stuffed with filet. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to have to say USDA prime ribeye. No other cut offers a flavor explosion with every bite.

Ribeye all the way. If cooked properly the "eye" fat is amazing; like a little pat of butter from heaven.

T-bone all the way! Ribeye second.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Porterhouse!!! Why you ask? Great question. Here is why:

If you remove the bone and cut out the two steaks that make up a porterhouse you will get a tenderloin steak and a top loin (or New York Strip Steak).

Best of both worlds. Mmmmm...now I am hungry and need to go grill a steak...and smoke another cigar...and drink another beer.

Bone-in RIbeye - best of all worlds. And what's wrong with a little bonin(g)?

If you've voted for something other than ribeye, next time, give a bone in ribeye a chance and see if it changes your mind. Next time, I'll opt for a t-bone and we can call it even.

If they voted for anything other than a bone in ribeye, they are either a child, a hippy, a female on a diet or quiet possibly , all 3.

• Like 3

If they voted for anything other than a bone in ribeye, they are either a child, a hippy or quiet possibly , all 3.

The third being what?

And you're the one espousing a 16 ounce T-bone and 24 ounce Porterhouse as Turf & Turf stir.gif

The third being what?

And you're the one espousing a 16 ounce T-bone and 24 ounce Porterhouse as Turf & Turf stir.gif

Fixed, and "Turf and Turf " is a quote from a TV show.

Ah, both make sense now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ribeye tends to be too fatty imo. NY strip gets my vote.

+1. I enjoy a ribeye from time to time but often it just has a bit too much fat for me. The NY strip has the same great flavor with being a bit leaner cut of beef