It's all about the cut.....  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Choose ribeye but bone-in ribeye is my go to cut.

Me too, "Premium NZ grass fed 450g Chef's rib eye fillet,

bone in"...great fat/marbling ratio and the bone gives excellent caramelisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ribeye - best cut for maximum beef:fat ratio, best cut for deep marbling, best cut for larger steaks, but still tender, most flavorful cut, most "beef-like" flavor, best cut for bone in or bone out o

If they voted for anything other than a bone in ribeye, they are either a child, a hippy, a female on a diet or quiet possibly , all 3.

Ribeye... the flavor is in the fat!

Fixed, and "Turf and Turf " is a quote from a TV show.

Dude, just watched Season 2 Episode 15 of Parks and Recreation. Can't believe it! My biggest issue is they wouldn't let him smoke the cigar indoors and it was too cold outside. Welcome to America!

Dude, just watched Season 2 Episode 15 of Parks and Recreation. Can't believe it! My biggest issue is they wouldn't let him smoke the cigar indoors and it was too cold outside. Welcome to America!

You must respect the Swanson!!!

The season's just keep getting better!

At the Freddie Spaghetti concert -

"Is that bacon on a turkey leg?", "They call it a Swanson"

Wow, just wow.....

and then, the Meat Tornado Burrito from Big Head Joe's - a whole new meat delivery system. I am not living right.

Brazilian picanha or Bone in Ribeye. Or both together for turf and turf. I too am a P&R fan. We should all strive to be like Ron Swanson. In fact I'm gonna change my sig in honor of the great man.

"Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have"

Brazilian picanha or Bone in Ribeye. Or both together for turf and turf. I too am a P&R fan. We should all strive to be like Ron Swanson. In fact I'm gonna change my sig in honor of the great man.

"Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have"

"I'm afraid you mis heard me, and thought I said give me a lot of bacon and eggs, but in fact I said give me all the bacon and eggs you have!"

• Like 1

If they voted for anything other than a bone in ribeye, they are either a child, a hippy, a female on a diet or quiet possibly , all 3.

Nice :) reminds of my brother and his thoughts about carrying a knife.

I know there a lot of comments to this one already so sorry if im repeating but how about how the beef is fed and how it is aged at the butcher shop or in your shop and if it is Holstein? I recently got a half a beef from my neighbor who feeds a lot of Holstein and Angus cattle, surprising a lot of flavor, also feed a lot of corn silage. I grew up with a lot of leaner fed beef but I like it fat. I caught a Food Network episode recently where they served fried pork fat with the beef looked interesting

Nice smile.png reminds of my brother and his thoughts about carrying a knife.

I know there a lot of comments to this one already so sorry if im repeating but how about how the beef is fed and how it is aged at the butcher shop or in your shop and if it is Holstein? I recently got a half a beef from my neighbor who feeds a lot of Holstein and Angus cattle, surprising a lot of flavor, also feed a lot of corn silage. I grew up with a lot of leaner fed beef but I like it fat. I caught a Food Network episode recently where they served fried pork fat with the beef looked interesting

Good counter-questions ok.gif There was a topic on this a while back, but it started in the "Australia has the best beef" thread of lies!!!

my preferences:

I prefer Black Angus Breed (Prime of course)

I prefer corn fed over grass fed.

I prefer dry aging over wet aging

hungry.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had an excellent bone-in dry aged Cowboy ribeye with sauteed Cippolinis and Porcinis at a favorite local French-style steakhouse to celebrate Di's birthday.

Errr, I mean my wife's. Same day smartass.gif

They do some killer garlicky Pommes Frites as well. Cements my opinion on best cut!

• Like 1

Ribeye.

My Webber gas grill doesn't go over 400 degrees F, and in cold / windy days I have trouble keep it above 350 degrees F.

I like to seer my steaks at 400 to 450 degrees F for 5 minutes on each side, and often Ribeye's fat drips down the grill catching fire to bring up the grill temperature to over 400 degrees to make that perfect steaks I like perfect10.gif

• 2 months later...