What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

Wow. Talk about the different ends of the spectrum! If you can, and you really like the Corry, try looking for a Aird Nam Beist (sp?). Been gone for a few years now and very hard to find, but takes the Corry by the balls and makes it his *****....lol

Been looking for a bottle or 30 for a long time now...

Sadly, the Beist is way above my price range :(

I guess I could always get some Octomore but the levels of peat in that one are just silly - they just want to prove a point, I guess.

How doea the uigadal (or however it is spelt) compare with the corry? My Ardbeg experience is limited to the 10.

I am inclined to go for the former as it is slightly cheaper than the corry which I think might be wasted on me.

Uigeadal has 10% sherry casks in the vatting,

Corryvreckan is 100% (or almost that) Bourbon matured -

the first being rounder and with a more civilized depth,

the latter perhaps more "untamed".

Then again, with limited bottlings like these there can be a difference from one batch to the next...

Cheers, Alex

Thanks for the above help. I enjoy Scotch, but have only recently developed a fascination. I am planning on my acquisitions, and when funds allow I am going to be starting my collection with the following: Bruichladdich - the Laddie Ten, Glendronach - 15 yo revival, Springbank - either the 12 yo cask strength or 15 yo (not sure yet), and Glenlivet Nadurra 16 yo. The common theme running throughout is that I like craft products. I am also partial to peated whisky having enjoyed the Laphroaig QC last year, and I think if I go for peat again soon, it will be for the Ardbeg Uigeadal (albeit sherried).

Kind regards

G

Uigeadal has 10% sherry casks in the vatting,

Corryvreckan is 100% (or almost that) Bourbon matured -

the first being rounder and with a more civilized depth,

the latter perhaps more "untamed".

Then again, with limited bottlings like these there can be a difference from one batch to the next...

Cheers, Alex

Well put. The Uggie is quite approachable for an Ardbeg. The Corry is a bit rougher.

If you like some sweetness to your smoky Islays, try the Galileo. It's quite reasonably priced too.

Personally, I think the Galileo is anything but reasonably priced - it's only 12Y old and costs almost double than the Uigeadail in my neck of the woods (and even more in other regions).