What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

1 minute ago, LLC said:

2001 Siro Pacenti Brunello Di Montalcino with dinner and then Santiago de Cuba 20 year old rum with a cigar. Both awesome.

6f71394dc8b3de5d322f5f2d8f57bc1a.jpg

af0fc9e9b7ccdb4fa0c51be05b651e7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is a brilliant rum. do you know if it is from the original thousand or the subsequent bottlings? if from the first, there will be mention on the label of a run of just 1,000 bottles. then they miraculously found enough to make it a regular release. but in fairness, there is little difference. the first run perhaps marginally more complex.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

that is a brilliant rum. do you know if it is from the original thousand or the subsequent bottlings? if from the first, there will be mention on the label of a run of just 1,000 bottles. then they miraculously found enough to make it a regular release. but in fairness, there is little difference. the first run perhaps marginally more complex.

From the regular release. Picked it up last September in Havana. Have only had it a few times but really enjoy it with a cigar after a nice dinner. Normally cognac is my go to but this is a nice change of pace.

Just now, LLC said:

From the regular release. Picked it up last September in Havana. Have only had it a few times but really enjoy it with a cigar after a nice dinner. Normally cognac is my go to but this is a nice change of pace.

sadly i have no more of the original but i do have some of the current - love it.

• Like 1

Hazelburn 9 Year Old Barolo Cask Matured.

806471253c0285c07e588d8935dca1a5.jpg

This is an excellent bottling and contrary to the norm, this Hazelburn has a touch of peat which gives it that additional layer of complexity. Fans of all things Springbank will rejoice.

• Like 2

On 01/05/2017 at 7:43 AM, SirVantes said:

Oysters, brine, driftwood bonfire (I'm sounding like Rob and his Sancho Panza!), layers of citrus. Lovely old gold.
4b9a68fc4f2a15ccc1b24b89b4fadaf0.jpg

Love Caol Ila; that must be outstanding!

2010 Banfi Brunello which was very enjoyable.
One of the few times I'm home and my wife is out of town. Picked up some pizza and wings and thought it would be a good time to open up one of my half bottles.

a2b9174d7bd89e50dafe40b9a6ff4c5a.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017 at 3:55 PM, Colt45 said:

Chateau L'Etoile Cotes du Jura Trousseau - not sure how this region and grape escaped me until now....

CLET jura T.jpg

The whites are the "main event" in the Jura. Try a Vin Jaune or the basic Savagnin.  Both are great wines with some of the longest aging windows of all wine. 100+ year old Vin Jaune is not uncommon and drinking well.

• Like 1

Giving the 2008 R Wine the Wine another go this time in a more controlled surrounding and prior to dinner.

f46084ca75325603f995e02413f383fd.jpg

The first bottle was consumed in a busy Chinese restaurant over some spicy cuisine and after quite a few bottles wine prior. Needless to say it fell short of the mark - all I could remember of it was: "alcoholic Ribena concentrate served in a freshly turned oak cup.

This time round, not too bad, quite pleasant actually. The nose is quite intense and very rich. On the palate, the oak is still very pronounced and the sweetness is present but there is a lush and rich dark fruit compote that seems to balance it somewhat. A little porty and syrupy but borderline acceptable as a dry(ish) table wine. I suppose that it is to be expected for such high alcoholic strength.

A gentle burn as it is swallowed, followed by a long vanillin-oaky fade. Not really a complex wine but it is quite fun, in a more-ish sort of way.

• Like 2