What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

8 minutes ago, sengjc said:

Weighing in at 18% this is the biggest dry red wine that I have ever had.

271b1f2d74bae9fcd2ced7dd398c5096.jpg

Don't find this porty or jammy, in fact, every bit a well structured and balanced red.

925ced54924402b6211b51e174dad096.jpg

A delightful surprise.

have tried a few warrabilla. a bit quirky. they tend to be surprisingly well balanced for such a ridiculous amount of alcohol but they are still too extreme for me.

• Like 1

A taste of some dusty Old Forester to start things out for me early this evening.

b314e406e4cffc48fe957aa8c3b65045.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Another red, along with a white (Jean Bourdy) from Jura:

Jean_Bourdy.jpg

I love Bourdy wines and was looking to do a wine session with him like 5-6 years ago.  No wines age like those Jura's!  You ever see his catalog of vintages available?  He recommends uncorking the wine and let it sit for several days instead of decanting.  Not ideal for a pop and pour, but I like to do it this way for his wines.  Just plan ahead....

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I love Bourdy wines and was looking to do a wine session with him like 5-6 years ago.  No wines age like those Jura's!  You ever see his catalog of vintages available?  He recommends uncorking the wine and let it sit for several days instead of decanting.  Not ideal for a pop and pour, but I like to do it this way for his wines.  Just plan ahead....

I've not seen the available vintages - one of my locals brought these two bottles in for me. The back label does have the recommended opening / drinking instructions. I will probably buy some whites to put away, and at some point would like to do a side by side tasting of the Bourdy and L'Etoile reds.

Thanks for bringing the whites to my attention  :)

Happy Ardbeg Day 2017!

459c0e49c6459393da5722155eef01ca.jpg

Having a taste of the new Kelpie - reminds me of a mellow Perpetuum with the signature Ardbeg bite toned down and a herbal edge. Malty sweetness dominates and quite a lengthy finish.

• Like 1

Had this bottle over the weekend:
86ea44b05a7a7727b5a6cf24472ceb50.jpg

Lovely and vibrant still with ample secondary character development to make an impressively complex wine.

Having this tonight:
4c99b6205d984137640a047b87262894.jpg
Fruit has faded noticeably with the secondary profile. Opens up in the glass. Still an interesting and cerebral drink nonetheless. Subtle.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr.T said:

88 degrees outside means Caipirinha season has officially begun!! emoji39.pngd4e843be797e56b529aa4175985f5311.jpgd1ff169399bce1546749a5e608c78805.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff.  The town I live has the highest concentration of Brazilians in North America...  

• 2 weeks later...