What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

made by an old mate of mine, David Baverstock, an aussie. a very good winemaker. have not tried this one though.

I was fortunate to meet David last year at a Esporão tasting in Newport, Rhode Island. Great guy and passionate for wine. We tried several wine from the large Esporão and line and we brought with him the “Torre” Esporão. A wine he makes in small quantities rarely seen outside Portugal. A memorable night  

• Like 1

Kuma's Margarita -

4 oz. of Silver (white) Patron Tequila (Hecho En Mexico), 1 oz of Triple Sec., 2 oz of sweetened Lime Juice,

couple of lime wedges, splash of orange seltzer water and above all good salt for the rim of the class.   I

use a German Stein for my "big boy drink" but of course you can use what ever can hold your drink.  The salt

I use is Himalayan pink but you can use whatever suits your fancy!  Enjoy!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tave1225 said:

I was fortunate to meet David last year at a Esporão tasting in Newport, Rhode Island. Great guy and passionate for wine. We tried several wine from the large Esporão and line and we brought with him the “Torre” Esporão. A wine he makes in small quantities rarely seen outside Portugal. A memorable night  

This producer is quite well distributed in MA and RI.  Very common Portuguese brand around here.

• Like 1

Super impressed with this scotch:

0f0623f0d54c9235f4da18881c2ee90a.jpg

10 year old Benromach, slight touch of peat, sherry oak, very delicious. A very nice scotch for $45! I think I’ll add this to my regular rotation.

• Like 2

Super impressed with this scotch:
0f0623f0d54c9235f4da18881c2ee90a.jpg

10 year old Benromach, slight touch of peat, sherry oak, very delicious. A very nice scotch for $45! I think I’ll add this to my regular rotation.

I agree it’s very good.

• Like 1

Willett Family Estate 5 year bourbon from their own bourbon, not sourced. This bottle is a private selection by Tatuaje Cigars Saints and Sinners club, picked by Pete Johnson.

IMG_20171028_172809_168.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sampled some of the Arran 18 Year Old and the Arran the Bothy Batch 2:
161845b84e842dbe5727cbb44858879c.jpg

Also the Glenmorangie Astar 2017 Release:
998eadc8830746e241207d039365acd5.jpg

Excellent releases, all three have very clean profiles.

Particularly impressed with the Arran 18 Year Old, the sherry component sings harmoniously with the malt and wood on the palate.

The Glenmorangie Astar has the best nose of the three and the palate is noticeably more mellow than the original release.

• Like 2