What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

On 4/14/2018 at 7:27 PM, Colt45 said:

Le Piane Maggiorina 2016 - another winner. Can't find the exact blend, but nebbiolo, croatina, vespolina, and others. Stainless only - mid body, but stiff structure.

LP Magg.jpg

Kind of young to drink, no?

5 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Kind of young to drink, no?

According to the producer, it is meant to be drunk in the first year or two after harvest. It did give the impression that it could stand up to more time, but I'm not sure it stands to gain in doing so. I'll have to put a few aside and see how it goes.

2 hours ago, Colt45 said:

According to the producer, it is meant to be drunk in the first year or two after harvest. It did give the impression that it could stand up to more time, but I'm not sure it stands to gain in doing so. I'll have to put a few aside and see how it goes.

We buy a corvina blend wine from Italy in a box that is meant to be drunk young as well.  Great stuff, but only one place carries it locally.

13 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

We buy a corvina blend wine from Italy in a box that is meant to be drunk young as well.  Great stuff, but only one place carries it locally.

One of my favorite values is Tenuta Sant'Antonio Scaia Corvina. It's 100% corvina, and one of my locals carries it for $10 - a steal.

1 hour ago, encephalization said:

Night cap. Blanton's Gold Edition and a RASCC from 2013.540676bb76d578e8a804da2214d0d961.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Enjoy it slow... not sure where you ordered from but good luck getting it into the states now:(

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Baccy said:

Enjoy it slow... not sure where you ordered from but good luck getting it into the states now:(

19 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

think it is an export label from blantons. not hard to find here. 

Correct Ken. They were even reasonably priced in Sweden last time I was there, which is saying a lot since you're paying 4 USD for a 330 ml bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and last time I asked my folks they were still readily available over there.

"export label" = unavailable in America???

...I realize that Blanton's Gold can be obtained in the states. I just looked around a bit and found it at a few online vendors, but from what I understand the Gold is produced specifically for the European market.

• 2 weeks later...

Colossal Reserva, Portugal, paired very nicely with MPC SEP 03 Hoyo Des Dieux, magical!
7840a22bd65d1fed1c9d7b211580b5bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Have several Irish whiskies is we have discussed, but never opened this one on the shelf somehow. 

18BA143F-3847-446B-A79B-C322C1765F22.thumb.jpeg.9e8ad9669b7f0d4db2dc495c3059bc59.jpeg

I love Irish ones, like Redbreast and Yellow Spot. This one has more guts. Not peat like Scotch, but drier and the aroma when you are sipping it makes you want to pick a fight with someone compared to Jameson.

Maybe because Jameson makes most of the stuff in Ireland anyway.

Cheers,

CB

• Like 3

Next one like better.

This one, on the other hand is a tasty one we could drink any night. Smooth and elegant, not caramel or peat. Grain and tones of leather and maybe malt or cocoa? I don’t know. I just think it is like Irish Wow.

6B629219-D8C4-4686-966C-56C4EC1F45AA.thumb.jpeg.eb4e8cfc8b6c5dddf523c57ca283ab4f.jpeg

CB

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 1:13 AM, thecrowder said:

We had a fun time celebrating national wine day!

IMG_2124.thumb.jpg.bd2314824750c8f3de141fa2c3f2b465.jpg

All big names in CA wine.  Which did you like the most?