What's in your glass today?

maverickdrinker

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

• 2 weeks later...

Had this at a friend's house on Saturday.  Very smooth and on delicate side.  Could taste a hint of the cask.  Not sure how much it costs, but seems like a reasonable Bourbon to enjoy.

jefferson reserve.JPG

• Like 4

11 hours ago, spicycorona said:

Some nice rocks glasses here people. Love that Tiffany set^^.

Good eye.  I believe they are from Tiffany as they buy a lot there.

Canchanchara .....having been to Cuba many times, i'm surprised I have never heard of this. Someone mentioned it on a Cuba facebook group I am on, so whipped one up....that turned into 3! A nice drink on a hot day

20180701_221137.jpg

• Like 2

Paired the 1920 Dow Vintage Port with a 1963 Dow Vintage Port.  Made for a fun pairing.  Finished up (not pictured) with 2005 Kopke White Vintage Port half bottle.

1920 and 1963 Dow.JPG

• Like 2

Time to celebrate freedom with a little mountain dew. Corn/barley mash, weighed in at 186 proof. Wish I had the patience to age for a gallon for a couple years. Does not appear to produce a hangover.  Cheers!

IMG_20180704_111931.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On July 1, 2018 at 9:19 PM, BellevilleMXZ said:

Canchanchara .....having been to Cuba many times, i'm surprised I have never heard of this. Someone mentioned it on a Cuba facebook group I am on, so whipped one up....that turned into 3! A nice drink on a hot day

Got into these this summer - one of those amazing cocktails where the whole is clearly greater than the sum of its parts! Pouring it up with Barbancourt 4 year, this supplanted last summer's darling - a Julep mixed with Pierre Ferrand 1840.

Death in the Afternoon with Roquette absinthe and Chandon sparkling wine. Much prefer the boutique American style of absinthe, but this is some serious quality from our French friends.

IMG_20180729_184949_panorama.jpg

• Like 1

This was a tough pairing, Sauternes and a cigar.  Figured a BBF would work, or if not is still a good cigar.  What would you have picked with Sauternes to smoke before dinner?

Sauternes and BBF.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrightonCorgi said:

This was a tough pairing, Sauternes and a cigar.  Figured a BBF would work, or if not is still a good cigar.  What would you have picked with Sauternes to smoke before dinner?

Sauternes and BBF.jpg

a fine house. i can't pick the vintage? 

but personally, nothing. i would not have tried that before dinner - unless it was just microwaved rice or something inconsequential, but i'm guessing this wasn't.

and particularly a boli. i would have thought it might have worked after. 

if i had a good sauternes, i'd have thought about the typcial foie gras or blue cheese matches. 

but i am not someone who enjoys a cigar right before dinner - impacts too much on the meal for me. 

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

a fine house. i can't pick the vintage? 

but personally, nothing. i would not have tried that before dinner - unless it was just microwaved rice or something inconsequential, but i'm guessing this wasn't.

and particularly a boli. i would have thought it might have worked after. 

if i had a good sauternes, i'd have thought about the typcial foie gras or blue cheese matches. 

but i am not someone who enjoys a cigar right before dinner - impacts too much on the meal for me. 

2002.  Not the best vintage, but they can still make something tasty every year.  Bought a case of it several years ago for an offer I couldn't refuse.  It was a casual cigar before dinner which was just a Monday night meal...  Nothing special.  Had opened the bottle a couple of nights before and it was sitting in the fridge.  Wanted to kill what was left in the bottle.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:34 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

2002.  Not the best vintage, but they can still make something tasty every year.  Bought a case of it several years ago for an offer I couldn't refuse.  It was a casual cigar before dinner which was just a Monday night meal...  Nothing special.  Had opened the bottle a couple of nights before and it was sitting in the fridge.  Wanted to kill what was left in the bottle.

there are so many worse ways to spend time than drinking 02 sauternes.

just had a concert recital at a friends. 

we had the veuve clicquot la grand dame 1989 in double magnum and then magnums of lanson cuvee noble 89, palmer collection 85 (the star for me), moet 1983 (corked), another VC la grand dame magnum from 1989 but this one only just disgorged. i preferred the older one. 

tomorrow, we get serious.