Anyone every heard of these reagan double humidors?

Laxman

Saw this temp/rh humidor listed on ebay for around 3600 dollars. Has anyone heard anything about the model or have one that could give me feedback? New The Reagan Double Cabinet Electronic Cigar Humidor Capacity 4000 Cigars. Here is the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Reagan-Double-Cabinet-Electronic-Cigar-Humidor-Capacity-4000-Cigars-/111010136422

I know people have bought custom humidors for Bob or Avallo but have not heard of this model.

$(KGrHqR,!lgFELguHEUHBRE-HoEK7!~~60_57.JPG

Nice! Would love to own of those. The wife might kill me though. lookaround.gif

Don't think the wife would mind me owning it although filling it with stock she might get abit tantrum.gifdollarsign.gifdollarsign.gifdollarsign.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

All, same here, thinking of buying The Regan soon, but wanted to hear some reviews.  Anyone got any?   I assume it is made in China so I wonder about overall finish, seal and humudification/cooling systems.  Any other options for cabinets that size???   Thanks a lot

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 4:15 PM, jtapies said:

All, same here, thinking of buying The Regan soon, but wanted to hear some reviews.  Anyone got any?   I assume it is made in China so I wonder about overall finish, seal and humudification/cooling systems.  Any other options for cabinets that size???   Thanks a lot

Hello guys!
I have a Remington humidor, which is basically half of The Reagan (2000 ct). The Remington has been in my house for almost a year, and has performed flawlessly. I can say the seal is very good, the quality of the glass is outstanding and the led lighting work is well executed. The unit cools and warms as demanded, as well as expel humidity as needed. 

The drawers are ok quality, not the finest, but really, for the price you can't find something much better. The main objective that is that your cigars are well kept at the right RH and Temp is going to be accomplished in a very good manner. The humidifier device is also basic, its a reservoir over the bottom floor of the unit with a big fan attached. Imagine the same mechanism as one Oasis Magna, but with a more powerful fan. Another fan is located in the "roof" of the interior, so it helps air circulation. Its very basic and the lower part always is going to have a bit higher RH than the upper part, and you can play with that (singles are kept in the upper and boxes in the lower levels). Pretty basic. 

There are fine cabinets makers, even electronically controlled, around the world, but in terms as value for money, this is the best I have found, I am considering myself to get a Reagan as its basically two Remingtons put together.  (I already filled the Remington up with boxes). 

If you have any specific question please let me know,

JP
@cigars4soul on IG.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2017 at 9:25 PM, javonazul said:

Hello guys!
I have a Remington humidor, which is basically half of The Reagan (2000 ct). The Remington has been in my house for almost a year, and has performed flawlessly. I can say the seal is very good, the quality of the glass is outstanding and the led lighting work is well executed. The unit cools and warms as demanded, as well as expel humidity as needed. 

The drawers are ok quality, not the finest, but really, for the price you can't find something much better. The main objective that is that your cigars are well kept at the right RH and Temp is going to be accomplished in a very good manner. The humidifier device is also basic, its a reservoir over the bottom floor of the unit with a big fan attached. Imagine the same mechanism as one Oasis Magna, but with a more powerful fan. Another fan is located in the "roof" of the interior, so it helps air circulation. Its very basic and the lower part always is going to have a bit higher RH than the upper part, and you can play with that (singles are kept in the upper and boxes in the lower levels). Pretty basic. 

There are fine cabinets makers, even electronically controlled, around the world, but in terms as value for money, this is the best I have found, I am considering myself to get a Reagan as its basically two Remingtons put together.  (I already filled the Remington up with boxes). 

If you have any specific question please let me know,

JP
@cigars4soul on IG.

Thanks a lot.  Just purchased mine and should be here around June.  I agree that for the price, it is hard to find a large humidor with same characteristics.  Do you use solution or distilled water?  is the humidification element the green blocks or something else?  Any other tips?   All the best... Jorge

Hola Jorge!!
I hope is all good. The humification element is pretty simple, just a large container with a big fan over it. It doesnt have a sponge, nor beads or anything like that. You are supposed to put the distilled water directly in the container (the container is quite large, glycol solution would be a very expensive idea). What I did to help over humification, was filling the container halfway with 69% humidity beads, and then put the distilled water. They absorb the water and then expel only the necessary. Thats my major tip bro: don't over humidify the lower part.

My cabinet is pretty full, so I guess the air circulation is not the best. I might have the lower space at 72%RH and the top drawer at 63%RH. Both are stepping the borderline of the accepted, with the 72% a bit over the top for long term aging, but it usually is around 69-70. The first time I filled the reservoir with just water, it spiked to almost 78%. Thats too much. 

I also have 6 large 320 grams Boveda Bags (I know, is far from the idea to have boveda bags if you buy a controlled cabinet) to help balance to the upper RH side the top drawers where I keep singles, while not having to overhumidify the lower part. Because it's fairly humid, the Bóvedas won't dry out fast, they will last some months, while I rotate them so that can recharge in the lower part and the use it again in the upper part. I hope I explained myself.

Let me know if you have further doubts, but I have find its a pretty good idea to individually monitor the lower, middle and upper part of the cabinet. I use a wireless hygrometer you will find on Amazon that have 3 sensors, see the picture attached for details. So you know how are all your precious boxes and also figure out when is the moment to perform a little rotation.

Let me know if you have any further doubt,

JP

IMG_1803.JPG

JP, thanks for your reply, truly appreciated.   I should be getting my REAGAN in July and will use your recommended humidity monitoring system and recommendations.   Will send some pics once it is installed (and filled....)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2017 at 8:34 PM, dememihel said:

Do you have to calibrate the hygrometer within the humidor?

Hi there, Hygrometer seems to be always 5-7% under what I read on a separate Ambient Weather WS-10-X4 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 8 Channel Thermo-Hygrometer with Four Remote Sensors, which I purchased on Amazon based on a recommendation from someone in this group.   The humidor comes with instructions on how to calibrate but it looks like you have to mees up with more than what I really want to mees with so I chose to use the external hygrometer instead.   I believe we can disconnect the hygrometer inside and make the calibration, but I honestly have not played with it much to make sure I am not going to mess it up.  Otherwise it works great and looks even better.

17 hours ago, Wine212 said:

How do you like the Reagan?

Hi there, amazingly beautiful..... I love the construction and capacity, lights work great and maintains temp and humidity real good.

Shelving is nothing special, but works fine.   Hygrometer seems to be tricky and not well calirated, but since I have external hygrometers, I am not too worried.   If you want to store and age a large number of sticks, you will not regret buying one.

Jorge

• 3 years later...

I’m now looking at getting one of these and wanted to get an update from those that have them.  Are you still happy with them or would you go a different route now.  I have also considered modifying a large wine fridge or having a custom cabinet built, but just came across a group selling the Reagan for a great price.