Upmann Robustos

Thinking about investing in a box of Upmann Robustos and naturally, as always, I have become confused. Pretty straight forward issue I cannot seem to sort out for myself.

Are H Upmann Robusto LE's the same as Royal Robusto's?

I have seen 2012 LE's listed and 2012 RR's listed. Along with LCDH releases from '11.

And I have seen Upmann Robusto 2012's.

Are they all the same cigar just from different years? Are some outlets just naming them slightly differently?

Or are they all different cigars? Any help is appreciated.

Just to throw some extra confusion into the mix, there is also the travel humidor release in which 6 robustos came in a leather humidor.

I actually had my first one of these earlier last week and found it to need a decent amount more time. It had a significant metallic note to it.

My understanding is the Royal Robusto and the EL robusto are not the same, but I have only had one of the EL's and am yet to try any of the RR.

Not much talk about the 520s. Ive had the RR and the 2012 EL. The Royal Robo was great and decent value for me vs increased $$$ of an EL.

Someone thought there was a gap in the market and ran with it! :D

2007 travel humidor Robusto 124 x 50

Royal Robusto 2011 LCDH release 135 x 52 (Actually an Edmundo not a robusto)

520 Aniversario 2012 124 x 50

Robusto 2012 EL 124 x 50

Connoisseur #1 is a hermosos #4, which is essentially a robusto 127 x 48

I suppose you could throw in the Mag 50, it's a robusto with an extra inch and a bit. There was an EL version in 2005 and then a regular production version introduced in 2008 I think?

Just to throw some extra confusion into the mix, there is also the travel humidor release in which 6 robustos came in a leather humidor.

I actually had my first one of these earlier last week and found it to need a decent amount more time. It had a significant metallic note to it.

My understanding is the Royal Robusto and the EL robusto are not the same, but I have only had one of the EL's and am yet to try any of the RR.

I smoked one of those travel humidor robustos a few weeks ago. Agreed that it needs more time to settle.

You can always do a Search / Cigars on CCW on CCW using the common name Robusto.

You then get this list....http://www.cubanciga...rtorder=noorder

Once you open this list, you can click the Cigar Name link (top left-hand corner of the data columns, to arrange the list in Brands.

Trevor.

Matt, you must have forgot the RR at the Havanathon last year? Cigar no 1I think. I liked it a lot, had the Mag 50 Upmann profile to it. Have in fact just ordered a box of them.

Was it the RR? I thought it was the EL.

No, they are not the same cigar. The robusto in the travel humidor is not an EL (different wrapper).

The Travel Humi one is also about 100x better than the EL one ;)