Japanese Whiskeys

Hiroshiro

Anyone Try Japanese Whiskey? The Hibiki and Yamazaki are my Favorite. Hibiki 12-21 are just fatastic and my Favorite Yamazaki is a 12

post-17505-0-36149600-1380033470_thumb.jpost-17505-0-51431500-1380033481_thumb.j

Drink by themselves or with a Good Cigar ; )

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been soooo busy traveling for work but sometimes the stars align .... just returned from Japan and was able to pick up a few items only available there (or at least very hard to find outside): - ****

Tried the ***** Coffee Grain this summer and wow!!!

An interesting article that may be a good guide for some; BANZAI: THE 9 BEST JAPANESE WHISKIES TO DRINK Traditionally, the realm of fine whiskey was divided into four nations with well-defined rol

I love the Yamazaki 18 yr old. I was able to pick up a bottle at Binny's in Chicago about a year ago.On my last visit to Chicago I was told by the Binny's personal that it was getting harder to acquire. They stated that most of it is staying in Japan where it is very popular. Bummer for us. Also I am unable to find it in Ontario ( LCBO ). So it you see a bottle snag it...it is truly a fine Dram.

From My Experience the Yoichi is meh at best. Just not my cup of tea. Taketsuru is alright. Depending on what I'm having it pairs well. ***** Whiskey overall is really good aged. Some of their aged bottles are.... ::drool::

I love the Yamazaki 18 yr old. I was able to pick up a bottle at Binny's in Chicago about a year ago.On my last visit to Chicago I was told by the Binny's personal that it was getting harder to acquire. They stated that most of it is staying in Japan where it is very popular. Bummer for us. Also I am unable to find it in Ontario ( LCBO ). So it you see a bottle snag it...it is truly a fine Dram.

I've heard the Yama18 is fantastic just never got around to trying it. The Hibiki is #1 everywhere so 12/17/21/30 Area All amazing. The 12 if you guys get a chance try it out. Its easy to find in the states at Bevmo or Wine and Cheese Place will put the order in for you. Usually when i head to California I'll have it shipped before I get there. Smartest Idea I've ever had!

• Like 1

Hello Hiroshiro,

You have great Whiskeys in Japan.

My two favorite from Japan are Hibiki 17yo and Yamazaki 18yo.

Another even better one I found at Hermit Bar in Shinjuku.

They have their own Whiskey. Owners Cask at cask strength which they get annually.

To bad ... they don't sell by bottle. That one is excellent.

Btw. Reason for me to go there was you can smoke cigar.

Hello Hiroshiro,

You have great Whiskeys in Japan.

My two favorite from Japan are Hibiki 17yo and Yamazaki 18yo.

Another even better one I found at Hermit Bar in Shinjuku.

They have their own Whiskey. Owners Cask at cask strength which they get annually.

To bad ... they don't sell by bottle. That one is excellent.

Btw. Reason for me to go there was you can smoke cigar.

Very Awesome, You guys are making me want to try the Yamazaki 18. I think its going to happen. What would be a good Cigar with it?

Hi Hiroshiro,

Coincidentally I just received a bottle of Yamazaki 12 a few days ago! Nice indeed. It reminds me of a Glenlivet at the same age.

Best,

Michel

Awesome!

I would recommend Hakushu only if you smoke a Cigar as the taste for me straight up just doesn't give me any pleasure. I think I smoked a Monti 2 with Hakushu and it Paired well. If you are in Japan and want to try many Japanese Whiskey go to Zoetrope in Shinjuku. Smoke Cigars if there aren't many people and its open until 4 am

I love the ***** 17 yr old by master blender Taketsuru-san with a Lusitania or a Partagas 155 and I have saved a ***** 17 in a white ceramic jar in my bar ....

Great experience, specially at Bar K in S'pore ( see pics below ).

But I would not refuse a Yamazaki :-)

post-4742-0-79036500-1380058817_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-95405400-1380058822_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-31310500-1380058828_thumb.jp

ok.gif

Looks Like I am going to have a very Tasty Weekend.... = )

Always Love New Experiences

Love all the Japanese whiskey from ***** or Suntory. I would say the best of the lot would be Yamazaki 18, that is the oldest I've tried, prob the main reason its best to me. ***** yoichi 12 quite comparable to Yama 12. Taketsuru 12 was quite nice Miyagiko (i think) meh. Me and my friends we usually drink Yamazaki 12 but the prices have gone up so i've personally switched to Hakushu 12 they're slightly cheaper here in KL. I've not had much love for Hibiki, not sure why its not on the radar.

I am a fan of Yamazaki 18 but the price is now ridiculous so I am keeping my last sealed bottle for investment wink.png

Really How much is a Yama18 Outside Japan? Can't be more than 100 dollars I would think. Its about 80 Dollars in Japan at Yamada

Yama 18 - USD 200 here to my recollection

yea that's probably not worth it. I'm sure some online stores have it cheaper

From My Experience the Yoichi is meh at best. Just not my cup of tea. Taketsuru is alright. Depending on what I'm having it pairs well. ***** Whiskey overall is really good aged. Some of their aged bottles are.... :drool.gif:

I love the ***** 17 yr old by master blender Taketsuru-san with a Lusitania or a Partagas 155 and I have saved a ***** 17 in a white ceramic jar in my bar ....

Love all the Japanese whiskey from ***** or Suntory. I would say the best of the lot would be Yamazaki 18, that is the oldest I've tried, prob the main reason its best to me. ***** yoichi 12 quite comparable to Yama 12. Taketsuru 12 was quite nice Miyagiko (i think) meh. Me and my friends we usually drink Yamazaki 12 but the prices have gone up so i've personally switched to Hakushu 12 they're slightly cheaper here in KL. I've not had much love for Hibiki, not sure why its not on the radar.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll report back after tonight. :)

yea that's probably not worth it. I'm sure some online stores have it cheaper

Even online can't be found under $150 these days :(

I also enjoy the Hakushu 12, BTW.