Habanos Releases Montecristo Petit No.2 -

Petit piramides have become one of my favorite vitola.

I hope they come in a good regular production, without the #2 up's and down's.

I do like the Petit Piramide size, from the Regional Edition releases. Hopefully the Petit No. 2 will be winner. Looking forward to these.

Only problem I see with these is given the already huge inconsistences in the Monte 2 alone adding another similar/same blend cigar that will probably a very good seller in its own right, which vitolas going to suffer?? lookaround.gif

Still i'm looking forward trying them.

Problem #2.........calling it a petit #2 instead of a belicoso.

Like calling a cigar a petit churchill,or a short churchill...........seeing a pattern here..............

I feel as if this somehow diminishes the standard No. 2...I mean, isn't the whole point of a cigar to take the time to relax and enjoy it, not to fill already occupied time with something else or to try and cram a cigar into a small time slot in an already too-busy day? I don't mean to make it sound like I wouldn't be interested in having a box or two--seeing as how fitting two boxes into a desktop humidor wouldn't be that difficult--but aren't these smaller cigars becoming somewhat diminutive to the passion proper?

Love belicoso-ish format cigars - not enough standard production habanos in this vitola

Name is silly

Won't buy it unless it's priced roughly size-proportionate relative to other standard montes.

Better be an interesting blend because Edmundo, A, no.4 and no.2 can be divine in different ways.

After all the craziness with short, long, fat, petite etc in the RyJ and Hdm lines I think the petite no.2 sounds perfectly fine. I for one am really looking fwd to these.

I feel as if this somehow diminishes the standard No. 2...I mean, isn't the whole point of a cigar to take the time to relax and enjoy it, not to fill already occupied time with something else or to try and cram a cigar into a small time slot in an already too-busy day? I don't mean to make it sound like I wouldn't be interested in having a box or two--seeing as how fitting two boxes into a desktop humidor wouldn't be that difficult--but aren't these smaller cigars becoming somewhat diminutive to the passion proper?

X2. No need for this stick IMO because the PE and nos # 4 and #5 already satisfy the quick smoke. But the bean counters know what they are doing here as I am sure it will be a huge commercial success. But for me it is a backwards step in habanos culture.

Only problem I see with these is given the already huge inconsistences in the Monte 2 alone adding another similar/same blend cigar that will probably a very good seller in its own right, which vitolas going to suffer?? lookaround.gif

I see it differently: if the petit No.2 is to the No.2 what the Petit Edmundo is to the Edmundo, we will have a winner.

I see it differently: if the petit No.2 is to the No.2 what the Petit Edmundo is to the Edmundo, we will have a winner.

Hopefully your right.

I do find myself looking at new releases these days with a raised eyebrow. While Habanos can and still does make amazing cigars they do seem to have a high miss rate with new releases/LE's where what may have been seen as a good idea in the drawing room in reality falls short!