Any Audiophiles in the house?

Not sure which Denon you are coming from, but I would tend to look at Onkyo as a downgrade from Denon.

That said, I don't have tons of experience, and it obviously varies from model to model on how they stack up against one another. I looked up that Onkyo model though, and it looks like you have yourself one fine piece of equipment. Very nice.

As for me and my little budget, I am slowly building up my portable audio arsenal. Using a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10's with a silver cable from Headphone Lounge. Between that and my car (a bunch of Alpine and Hertz) I am doing okay. Once I actually have a house I can start to focus on home audio.

I can't comment on that exact model, but Onkyo is not a step down from Denon. Audiophiles can have many different "classes" and definitions. What they all have in common is an appreciation for sound quality. Enjoy it! What speakers do u have?

That's quite the receiver!! Every option you need that's for sure!

Have had friends with Onkyo products and have loved them.

I currently run Pioneer Elite receiver and 3D DVD player. Was connected to a 120" GrayWolf screen and an Optima HD projector.

Sold house so currently just running smaller setup to 42" LG 3D tv.

Your gonna be a happy man once that's setup!!

Keep us updated on performance, I'd like to know how it is.

Jeff

I can't comment on that exact model, but Onkyo is not a step down from Denon. Audiophiles can have many different "classes" and definitions. What they all have in common is an appreciation for sound quality. Enjoy it! What speakers do u have?

I haven't stayed fully up-to-date on home audio equipment. I certainly meant nothing bad about his current receiver. I actually have an Onkyo on a "wishlist" of mine because of what you get for the cost of Onkyo. After looking at Onkyo a little more since reading this thread, their top line is fantastic. He indeed has a very nice pick up with that receiver.

DD.... You got my attention with the thread title..... I run some mono block power amps made in your neck of the woods.

CAM 300's from Canada,

In fact, a lot of my gear is / was from Canada. My beloved Sonic Frontiers pre amp was the nicest bit of gear ever!

Cool stuff!

I am running a 5.1 setup, the brand of speakers I settled on were Axioms (http://www.axiomaudio.com/), they are a local Ontario company with a phenomenal product line. I am running 2 floor standing M100's, VP150 center, QS8's for surround and an EP500 sub. I just upgraded from the M80's (which are amazing) to the brand new M100's, the M80's are great speakers in their own right and the M100's are just outta this world. For TV I am running an Aquos 60" LED, soon to be moving to an 80", the size difference from the 60 to 70 just not there but considerably noticeable from the 60" to 80"...

I had an Onkyo 606 a few years ago. Damn HDMI switching failed out of warranty so I chucked it and got myself a Yamaha RX-V667

Yamaha%20RX-V667%20TITANE.jpg

I've got a dedicated gaming/cinema/music room that I built a few years ago now.

3518183699_f4e63e97c5_d.jpg

3518986918_eabe2a2944_d.jpg

3518988522_8dc58ef7d3_d.jpg

3518185065_852eae4eab_d.jpg

3518179261_773ba7d980_d.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a 70's Pioneer Receiver that weighs like a gazillion pounds with a couple of klipsch speakers. I also run a klipsch sound bar and subwoofer for dialogue. Subwoofer is amazing.

4 hours ago, zepp69 said:

I have a 70's Pioneer Receiver that weighs like a gazillion pounds with a couple of klipsch speakers. I also run a klipsch sound bar and subwoofer for dialogue. Subwoofer is amazing.

I have a late 80's Dennon Receiver and a pair of Klipsch book shelf speakers.  it was a great setup for me in the day and I have plans to put it to use again soon.

• Like 1