H Upmann Half Coronas (Feb 13)

LordAnubis

So i couldn't stand it. I bought a box of HUpmann Half Coronas in my travels as they are a nice short smoke, and i had never tried them. This particular box is Feb 13. Every smoke i have had has been sensational so far. I pass them around at our poker nights and all the cigarette smokers have said this is the best cigar they've had, not that they've had too many good quality cigars or anything, but still.

I got home from work and saw the box sitting on my table and just had to have one... ok ANOTHER one, i already had one this morning. So much for not having a smoke until New Years eve when i am planning to light up a Ramon Allones Extra. I sat outside in the smoking room which is fly screened off to keep the malaria filled mosquitos away. I had setup a water container to draw the squirrels and the monkeys to my back yard, it's working like a charm.

post-15810-0-94093000-1388344172_thumb.j

The cigar upon lighting goes straight into toasted bread. A bit of floral notes on the retrohale which remind me of the Juan Lopez Seleccion No 2 that i had which was gifted by one of the awesome BOTL in Perth, good times, i miss those boys!

post-15810-0-82842200-1388344170_thumb.j

I sit watching the monkeys and slowly puffing away at the cigar. Normally i take about 20 minutes to plow through these short smokes, but today i'm taking my time. It takes me all up 40 minutes to get through to the nub. One particular monkey is trying to root every other monkey, it's great fun watching this guy slowly walk up to other monkeys climb on the back then try to put it in the hole... it always ends in a fight and monkey screams. Poor guy, i can relate to your pain little buddy! :)

The cigar comes to an end and I think about the joys to come from the box that i have. These are definitely going to be stocked in my humidor when i eventually get back to it. Such a good smoke when you want that HUpmann profile.

post-15810-0-86825200-1388344174_thumb.j

These were the first cigars I smoked when I first started about a year ago. I still enjoy them a lot, especially when I don't have much time and need a quick smoke.

I've also found these to be a great short smoke, quite enjoy the flavor profile and strength. The HUHC and the HdM Petit Robusto both came out as some top new faves in 2013.

• 1 month later...