30 day Churchill Challenge - It's for the children!

LordAnubis

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Challenge: Most of you probably know i'm not too regular a smoker (generally one cigar a week, and normally a PC size). I am doing a challenge where i smoke a Churchill cigar every day for 30 day

Day 1: Ok so no find the cigar in this one.. this is a special cigar so wanted to show it off First day, kicking this challenge off with a Partagas Gran Reserva. It's fly out night so all the peopl

Day 29: Penultimate cigar! Wanted to go to the Dubai Boat Show today but when I got there was told it only opens between 15:00 and 21:00. Stuff that. So walked along JBR Walk. The La Casa Del Haban

LordAnubis, in the end of the challenge I will donate US$50.00 to the mission and US$50.00 in *****int/*****as credits to you.

Thanks for the offer mate but no need of anything to be sent my way. Pass it along to the children mate, that's what it's all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u8e2uzys.jpg

Day 4:

The day spent with a late start (well everything doesn't open till 10 anyway). Planned to do a bus tour but got to the station and figured stuff it. Hopped into the train and looked at the train lines and saw emirates towers on there. Got to the towers and checked out what they had at the LA Casa Del Habano here. All the basics, but nothing out of the ordinary. Settled down for a smoke at the Alfred Dunhill restaurant.

Due to the rainy weather stayed in the shopping malls etc most of the day then went to the Burj Khalifa in the afternoon/evening. Find the cigar in the photo on the roof. Should be easy. That's another item ticked off Josh's list.

Finished the night with some rose mint shisha which brought back good memories of my my favourite Russian girl from turkey!

ehy7y2y9.jpg

Tomorrow morning on a plane to Cairo.

ega2eqyz.jpg

Day 5:

Early start with a flight to Cairo in the morning. Landed no dramas and after a bit of messing about at Cairo got through. Travel tip. When coming to Cairo you buy your visa from the bank kiosks before the immigration desk. Because that makes perfect sense.

The top photo is the view from the hotel, also hidden a cigar in the shot but I'd be very impressed if anyone can see it. This iPhone Camera not so good. I am a bit underwhelmed by the pyramids. Glad to ticket them off the list but certainly not jaw dropping. I don't know what I should have expected, they are just old rocks stacked up.

At night went to the pyramids for a night light show. Have no idea what I spent 50 mins watching.

On a cigar note what you guys think about the sir Winston's? Mine are really quite sweet. I like the toasted bread and tobacco flavour a of cigars, I find this is just. Sweet. Too sweet in fact. I can best describe it as jelly and ice cream. Thoughts? In keen to try out the bolivar corona gigantes. Probably tomorrow.

Is the cigar on the front left post of the wall. Kind of looks like it is in the gap between the finial and the post. Looks like you are enjouing yourself.

Is the cigar on the front left post of the wall. Kind of looks like it is in the gap between the finial and the post.

x2

I had breakfast in that hotel back in January 2003 while waiting for the gates to open. To my delight the sunrise painted the pyramids and palms golden pink. Add the Cairo smog and you get a very surreal experience... I'm glad I went. Where I'm from old buildings date from the 1800s so touching antiquity was cool. But man are those trinket vendors a royal pain in the ...

Keep up the good work, I'm working on getting some of the Texas Clan to make a group donation.

Keep up the good work, I'm working on getting some of the Texas Clan to make a group donation.

Good stuff mate. Rob is in Nicaragua at the moment. He get back on the 17th I think he said.

post-15810-13921251046971.jpg

Day 6:

Sick of this smoking thing. Sure smoking three or four petite coronas through the day is alright, but one Churchill marathon is a pain in the ass! Finding I'm over it about 30 mins in.

The day today was visiting all the pyramids and the sphinx. Basically raced through all of them. I was impressed by the size of the Keopps pyramid up close. Had it all wrapped up by lunch. After lunch I jumped on the quad bike and bashed around the dunes for a few hours till my wrists couldn't take it anymore. This should be an easy one, find the cigar in the top photo.

Currently sitting in what's called shisha corner to try out Egyptian shisha and then smoke the cigar for the day. Ohh and found the most awesome drink in the world! It really tastes like peach! Need to find some when I get back home.