H. Upmann Majestic vs. Regalias

Cisco

These are quite close in terms of size and price and both are handmade. Do you find there's a difference between the two? Which do you prefer? I have both vitolas but they are young cigars I don't find much of a difference (both are good). I do enjoy the Regalias slightly more due to it's size.

Edited by Cisco

I have neither, but do have (also in that size) pretty good luck with the H Upmann Coronas Major; also a machine bunch/hand finished stick. Good burn, interesting flavors although not necessarily well balanced, not harsh.

• 3 months later...

they seem very similar to me,biggest difference I find is Consistency in the individual box.Both seem to wander a bit.........

They are C&C,after all........

I just finished a majestic and it didnt impress me at all. Most likely its because it was underfilled and the first half had an erratic burn so i needed to constantly relight. However there was no harshness and it was quite okay during the last third.

Hopefully its just this stick from the whole box.

My local bm has a box of majestic s that I've bought likely a half a dozen of. Each one had been great. Haven't had a chance at a regalia yet. So I'm going majestic on this one

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

My local bm has a box of majestic s that I've bought likely a half a dozen of. Each one had been great. Haven't had a chance at a regalia yet. So I'm going majestic on this one

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

What do you think of the flavours?

• 1 month later...

Wow you must have gotten a good box then. Mine was mainly a little leather plus loads of earth flavours. Had to take it slower than usual else the taste would suck.

That's not a ringing endorsement of the profile.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Just smoked two 2014 Regalias and Majestics back-to-back and the clear winner is the Majestics. The price on the two is about the same FYI.

The Majestics had Upmann profile in spades and consistent all the way through. Just a trifle lighter than a HUPC but a worthy corona brother to the PC. Rated them both 92.

The Regalias started out strong and faded fast. A bit more tannic in the first third and then serious flavor fade in the second third to a fairly bland finish, along with some burn issues. Rated them 86/87.

If you're looking for a great Upmann with a little less mongrel than the PC or Mag 46 the Majestics are a solid choice. And it's basically a corona (cremas, 40 x 140) at a much lower price than the PC.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Reviving this thread as I'm curious how current production is smoking for both of these sticks. I'm always a bit perplexed when I stumble upon mention of these, as I honestly forget about them with the HU PC getting most the attention in the realm of skinny Upmanns (at least recently for good reason).

A few observations/musings after looking around the site: 

1. It appears maybe these sticks have had more consistency issues when compared to the PC, at least per some members assessment, which I suppose could be due to them being made at a slew of different factories, where the production of PC was more focused to just a couple.

2. The price of the Regalias/Majestics (and Coronas major tubo) is friendly in comparison to the PC, and maybe they've been relegated to the "cheap and cheerful" realm, but I'm wondering if the quality and profile is really that far off from the PC, or whether these are underdogs that get overlooked since they are more budget friendly and previously machine made? :thinking:

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the Majestics are one of my regular rotation smokes.  They are consistent and reliable and display that H.Upmann DNA.  Haven't had the Regalias but do find that the Majestics often hit my sweet spot better than the Epicures however it is a tossup between the Majestics and the HUHC.  It really depends on the occasion. HUHC is I have a quick half-hour to burn, Majestics last me at least an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 1:23 PM, awkwardPause said:

1. It appears maybe these sticks have had more consistency issues when compared to the PC

I've had good consistency with the Majestics. I would say that I just think the PC is a better cigar, i.e. using better tobacco similar to comparing the PLPC to the PL Panetelas. That doesn't mean that a Majestic can't stack up to the PC--I've had a few Majestics that were just as good or better than some PCs that were a bit off. They definitely hold their own with the PC--I just think when the two are at their best the PC is the clear winner. More complex, richer. 

I've actually never had the Epicures as they are quite a bit smaller than the other we're discussing but the Regalias are very inconsistent and I've had many that were either bland or had unpleasant flavors. Never had that issue with the Majestics. 

Started putting the Majestics into my winter rotation a couple of years ago, as I avoid robustos or larger vitola when smoking indoors at my place to minimize the smoke churn. Very happy with those, but someone on another (lesser!!) forum recently mentioned the Regalias when I posed a similar "cheap and cheery" query and I must try those at some point.