Cigar friendly bars in Houston

Simple. Head to Serious Cigars. Next door is the wine shop they also own. Smoke and drink in either place. Tell them Rush sent you. Ask if Barry is around and tell him I sent you. Barry is a friend and regular. If you play poker, head to the back room near the bathroom and look for a game. It's usually 3 or more nights a week Including Saturday. There are quite a few bars that allow smoking but for my dollar I go to serious

Just learned that they are soon to close cellar 17 the next door wine shop and turn it into a 24/7 private cigar lounge. Go see it while you can.

There are 2 Serious Cigars in Houston. One, near The Galleria, is huge. The one that Rushman is referencing is NW of town on FM1960.

Downing St. will cease to be a cigar bar on March 14th.

If you are going to be here a while, find a cigar shop near you and bring your own bottle and share with the other guys around....

Houston is HUGE. What part of town will you be in as that will help point you in the right direction...

There are 2 Serious Cigars in Houston. One, near The Galleria, is huge. The one that Rushman is referencing is NW of town on FM1960.

If you are going to be here a while, find a cigar shop near you and bring your own bottle and share with the other guys around....

Houston is HUGE. What part of town will you be in as that will help point you in the right direction...

Pretty near the Wortham Theater, I think

Exactly - HUGE place and there are actually 3 Serious locations - there is the newest one out by IAH or thereabouts. Haven't been there but hear its also huge. Ron goes big!

Best of luck, have a good time - I miss Houston

Wow. No Downing St? Wtf.

I strongly prefer Stogies on Westheimer to Serious. Feel free to hit me up as well. I can show you Butcherboi's favorite cigar shack off HW 6 near Katy. A real crowd pleaser.

If you roll down to Galveston there are several options too.

• Like 1

I agree with the above posts. There are a number of really good shops with great smoking rooms. Stogies is my top choice, but the Serious Cigars in the galleria area is really nice as well. Both of those are generally closer to where you will be staying.

As for downtown -- close to you -- I would recommend seeing if you can get into the Coronado Club. It is private, but they do have offerings for guests. There are 2 smoking areas, including one of the restaurants, that allow cigar smoking during certain times periods. I'd recommend giving them a call since it is quite the experience (read: snooty).

Lastly, while it's sad that Downing Street is moving to non-smoking on 15 March, I'd recommend taking a night to give it a visit before then. It's the best option (and only option) for a public cigar bar. Note, if you can, bring your own cigars. The selection at Downing is pretty mediocre and the prices outrageous. It is very unique (for Houston) place and definitely worth a visit.

Also, most of the bars in town allow cigar smoking on the patios. Hopefully the weather cooperates during your stay and you'll be able to enjoy the great selection of bars with patios.

Enjoy your visit.

• Like 1

Wow. No Downing St? Wtf.

I strongly prefer Stogies on Westheimer to Serious. Feel free to hit me up as well. I can show you Butcherboi's favorite cigar shack off HW 6 near Katy. A real crowd pleaser.

If you roll down to Galveston there are several options too.

Start working on a hall pass from the Misses Patrick. Keep the HW 6 place on the hush, max capacity 6 lol