Bassman.....RIP

Bartolomeo

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm Crushed to hear this. Steve, you were one of the nicest, classiest BOTL's I ever knew. We exchanged many, many PM's and emails over the years, as well as cigars. He was about as generous a fellow

what? he was posting up until recently this is horrible news though i didn't know him he was my cce brother on here, he commented how he was finally happy with his collection and he didn't need anyt

Copied this from another forum I am a member of, very sad news, just spoke to him 2 weeks ago Prayers for his family "I just spoke to Barb, our beloved Bassman, Steve Singer, passed away suddenly, t

Wrenching :( testament to how great a man he must've been seeing how he's touched so many here.

Oh wow. Man, this sucks! sad.png

Such a great guy. Had some great discussions with Steve on the forum and in some PM's and trades. Just an all-around phenomenal fellow. A great BOTL that will definitely be missed. Waaaaay too young, and definitely a shock to hear.

Condolences to his family. RIP big guy.

I first met Steven Leslie Singer, and his wife-to-be, Barbara, in Ecuador, in 1996. We were on a five-day steam-hauled train trip on the famous G&Q line. On the first day, before we boarded the train, I smelt cigar smoke - and it was Steve puffing away on a non-Cuban stogie. Having a supply of the genuine article with me, I was privileged to share it with him throughout our epic journey. We were smoking Havanas (a Punch vitola, if memory serves correctly) on the roof of the boxcar and in it, as well as quaffing port and the local beer. From that time onwards, Steve and I remained in regular contact, sharing our common enthusiasm for railroading and puros. We never sold the rolled leaf to one another, but gifted each other over the years. He was a most generous soul, one of the best friends I ever had. His passing leaves a gap that will never be filled. frown.gif Farewell, dear friend...

• 2 weeks later...