Favorite fishing spot

CapoKing

al long theres water I'm going fishing something i really love to do ..
NT for Barra and Fiji for some really big fish to test your stamina and your will to get it to the boat.

post-6116-0-57110500-1399272073_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coral Sea

Fiji where I caught this bad boy !!

My favorite spot - so favorite, I worked my butt off to get transferred up here, and buy a place - is just northwest of Mt. Lassen, here in Northeast California... there are a number of forested lak

I have a few different favorite fishing spots up and down the Texas/ Louisiana coast which n include the

1. Bolivar Pocket located by the north jetty n Galveston, TX great wading spot for speckled trout

2. East Galveston Bay and Trinity Bay with it's many oyster reefs n great shorelines to bust a drift in the boat or wade for specked trout and red fish

3. Sabine lake n Louisiana lots of great reefs n marsh to drift or wade for reds n trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tasty, Tasty Crappie!!!!

post-16567-0-49547200-1400474411_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As im reading thorough all these posts im realizing my favorite place to fish isnt as exotic as some but I love it none the less. Im from MN so I drive 12 hours one way to Manitoba Canada to cross lake. My boss (whos cool as shite) ownes a cabin there where a bunch of us are invited to come and enjoy crazy delishious meals good gars and insainly great fishing. Large pike and hungry walleye. Wheres your favorite place to fish? And why?

Mine would have to be Lake of the Woods, obviously. And in the dead of winter to boot!

• Like 1

I have a few different favorite fishing spots up and down the Texas/ Louisiana coast which n include the

1. Bolivar Pocket located by the north jetty n Galveston, TX great wading spot for speckled trout

2. East Galveston Bay and Trinity Bay with it's many oyster reefs n great shorelines to bust a drift in the boat or wade for specked trout and red fish

3. Sabine lake n Louisiana lots of great reefs n marsh to drift or wade for reds n trout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes I fished Galveston for reds speckeled trout and flounder! Also did some shrimping and misc; fishing with A cast net back in the day when the blue water came up to the beach! I caught several bull reds when the water got rough! Loved fishing the gulf coast!

• 2 weeks later...

Have you fished the Mountain Fork in McCurtain County? It's turned into a pretty nice piece of trout water!

I fished the White 40 years ago it was great! Also noodled bluecats in the Arkansas,I missed those days with my uncles! My Granney kept A farm outside of Ozark! I remember catching A bus on A dirt road and getting off to hunt rabbits! Brings back alot of memories!

My favorite spots are leaving from Oregon Inlet, North Carolina to go for bill fish and yellowfin. I've caught so many fish in that spot over the past few years. I also love striper and drumfish fishing in Brigantine New Jersey. I've had great success both surf fishing as well as on the boat following the birds in late season.

Fished the feater river in Oregon and the trinity river in Nor Cal. for steel head we hooked some big fish with flies,so big most of the time we would get snapped off! Been about 25 years since I've fished them.My brother and brother in law,and me would hit it during the salmon runs.The salmon were starting to turn, but the steelhead would follow them to feed on the eggs.EXCELLENT fishing if you catch it right in the fall just after A light rain they would be on the move upstream!

I heard since then they put alot of restrictions on exactly where you can fish and it get's shoulder to shoulder!

Have some pictures of some of the steelehead we caught,the biggest one I caught went 23lbs.big fish on light tackle! I'll try and post some pictures once I'm not buried in the World Series of Poker!

60 Mile Bank off the North-West cost of Grand Cayman, between Grand Cayman and Cuba. V-jigged up massive groupers and shark, caught 95 lb yellowfin on spinning gear, and boated 400+ lb blue marlin. I once was casting off the bow of the boat at some skip]ack tuna, when a massive blue marlin jumped out of the water and into the boil of fish. It was an incredible sight in a truly wonderful place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some beautiful sounding and looking fishing spots here!.Here in the Uk we have sea all around us.The South West coast is about a half hour drive from me.My local beaches are part of what now is called the "Jurassic Coast"it really is beautiful but cold in the winter.I fish for the summer species,especially mackeral with light float tackle.Bass,plaice and many other species.We have Coarse fishing inland and trout fishing too.Spoilt for choice really.I think my favourite fishing spot is the one i am fishing at the time.biggrin.png ...

• Like 2

60 Mile Bank off the North-West cost of Grand Cayman, between Grand Cayman and Cuba. V-jigged up massive groupers and shark, caught 95 lb yellowfin on spinning gear, and boated 400+ lb blue marlin. I once was casting off the bow of the boat at some skip]ack tuna, when a massive blue marlin jumped out of the water and into the boil of fish. It was an incredible sight in a truly wonderful place.

Bill fishing is definatly in my bucket list! 400 lbs. that's A big one!!

My favorite spot - so favorite, I worked my butt off to get transferred up here, and buy a place - is just northwest of Mt. Lassen, here in Northeast California... there are a number of forested lakes up here, all of them are local known hotspots... most I have worked (with both spinner and fly) have brought home dinner and freezer fodder!!

Like Creeks? Rivers? Welll... about 20 minutes north of the house (if you drive slow) is Hat Creek; while parts are restricted as to take (either catch & release or size/creel limits) others are free to bring home the trout...

And if I want a change, I have Trinity Lake/the Trinity River (and it's tributaries) about 2 hours due west. Coffee Creek (north end of Trinity Lake) is where I cut my teeth fishing as a kid, watched some pretty big German Browns and Rainbows pulled from that water... ;-)

Of course, we had a pretty dry winter, but for now, anyway, the waters are flowing, and the fish are biting!

And add to this... a good friend (Kara) works as a guide at our local Fly Fishing shop (appropriately named the Fly Shop)... which is great for the people getting their waders wet in strange waters.

Fishing paradise? I think I'm there!!!

Lived in Round Mountian years ago,fished Hat Creek a lot! Great spot!!! Also the Sacramento and Trinity for stealhead!

Mine is for a sentimental reason... My parents own a cottage in Monticello, IN and several times a summer we'd go down and fish off our little deck into the river. Brings back memories of fighting Bass and Carp with my dad into the wee hours of the morning with a little propane lamp attracting all the bugs, lol.

I would have to say it was wherever me and the old man dropped our lines. He passed on and I never went out much after. Couldn't or wouldn't fish with anybody else. But I now have two small boys so I had better dust off the pole and get my ass out there with them. Life is to damn short not to.

Secret creek, just past zipperlipps mountain ;) hehehe

Naw, I have a few spots also coho salmon(chehalis river), an rainbow trout (boot lake outside merrit), cutthroat trout (st.marys an elk river)

• 5 months later...

A secret, private spring creek in Montana. Sight fishing for 5# browns on average. Occasionally an 8# pig. Fly fishing in two feet of water. One cast, you either hook em, or spook em. Wild fish. Amazing fishing. No one around. Just you the fly rod the fish. Surreal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My favorite spots are leaving from Oregon Inlet, North Carolina to go for bill fish and yellowfin. I've caught so many fish in that spot over the past few years. I also love striper and drumfish fishing in Brigantine New Jersey. I've had great success both surf fishing as well as on the boat following the birds in late season.

i will second that. oregon inlet is an awesome fishing destination. We go in the early spring for bluefin and later int he season for dolphin, tuna and billfish

• 4 weeks later...

Southern Sea of Cortez. Not a billfish guy but love the inshore tough guys--Roosterfish, Toro (jack crevalle), Amberjack, Tuna, Dorado (mahi), Pargo, Dog Snapper, you name it. Hit the weights before you go!

• 2 months later...

My favorite spot - so favorite, I worked my butt off to get transferred up here, and buy a place - is just northwest of Mt. Lassen, here in Northeast California... there are a number of forested lakes up here, all of them are local known hotspots... most I have worked (with both spinner and fly) have brought home dinner and freezer fodder!!

Like Creeks? Rivers? Welll... about 20 minutes north of the house (if you drive slow) is Hat Creek; while parts are restricted as to take (either catch & release or size/creel limits) others are free to bring home the trout...

And if I want a change, I have Trinity Lake/the Trinity River (and it's tributaries) about 2 hours due west. Coffee Creek (north end of Trinity Lake) is where I cut my teeth fishing as a kid, watched some pretty big German Browns and Rainbows pulled from that water... ;-)

Of course, we had a pretty dry winter, but for now, anyway, the waters are flowing, and the fish are biting!

And add to this... a good friend (Kara) works as a guide at our local Fly Fishing shop (appropriately named the Fly Shop)... which is great for the people getting their waders wet in strange waters.

Fishing paradise? I think I'm there!!!

I concur. What an awesome place to throw a line. Went steel head fishing there(Trinity) and landed 12 in 2 days. Most in the 8-12lb range. Had a local guide and friend(Mike Bogue) show us the lay of the land. Never fished steelies before. What an electric fish to have on the end of your line. He put us on 40lb salmon in the Sacramento River. In addition, we drifted the Sac right thru town(Redding) and caught some rainbows in the 6-7lb range. About 10 miles north, we hit Lake Shasta for some largemouth and spotted bass. With a back drop of pine trees and the 14,000ft snow covered Mt Shasta....simply a breathtaking fishing wonderland. The guys at The Fly shop are top notch.

Fishing paradise? I know you are there! Can't wait to go back.