Amazing night

DoubleDD

This evening we celebrated my wife's birthday with massages and facials (I know not too manly). After the massage and facial we attended dinner, just the two of us. We ate at a local steakhouse outside of Chicago. We ordered jumbo lump crab cakes and four cheese fried ravioli as appetizers. She had the shrimp and crab salad but, that's where the healthy dinner ended. I had an 18oz dry aged bone in ribeye, medium rare. Sides consisted of twice baked potatoes, pasta, sautéed spinach with garlic, broccoli with garlic, and four cheese mac n' cheese. A bottle of wine and two martinis later we ordered creme brûlée with espresso to follow. All in all a good day even without a cigar. va3egu5y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like an incredible meal!

My wife's 50th birthday is coming up in August, and I've been kicking around the idea of hiring a limo and bringing along two couples who are close friends and going to New Orleans/French Quarter (a two hour ride) for drinks and dinner, either at Commander's Palace or Galatoir's, which are two of New Orleans' best restaurants and our favorites.

• Like 1

This evening we celebrated my wife's birthday with massages and facials (I know not too manly). After the massage and facial we attended dinner, just the two of us. We ate at a local steakhouse outside of Chicago. We ordered jumbo lump crab cakes and four cheese fried ravioli as appetizers. She had the shrimp and crab salad but, that's where the healthy dinner ended. I had an 18oz dry aged bone in ribeye, medium rare. Sides consisted of twice baked potatoes, pasta, sautéed spinach with garlic, broccoli with garlic, and four cheese mac n' cheese. A bottle of wine and two martinis later we ordered creme brûlée with espresso to follow. All in all a good day even without a cigar.

Looks like an awesome repast mate, my kind of meal!

My wife's 50th birthday is coming up in August, and I've been kicking around the idea of hiring a limo and bringing along two couples who are close friends and going to New Orleans/French Quarter (a two hour ride) for drinks and dinner, either at Commander's Palace or Galatoir's, which are two of New Orleans' best restaurants and our favorites.

Quit kicking and do it! I've had some great food at both.

After, take her to Brennan's and order a Pousse-café for the lady!

Do it! Life is short, you have to enjoy every day my friend.

This evening we celebrated my wife's birthday with massages and facials (I know not too manly). After the massage and facial we attended dinner, just the two of us. We ate at a local steakhouse outside of Chicago. We ordered jumbo lump crab cakes and four cheese fried ravioli as appetizers. She had the shrimp and crab salad but, that's where the healthy dinner ended. I had an 18oz dry aged bone in ribeye, medium rare. Sides consisted of twice baked potatoes, pasta, sautéed spinach with garlic, broccoli with garlic, and four cheese mac n' cheese. A bottle of wine and two martinis later we ordered creme brûlée with espresso to follow. All in all a good day even without a cigar. va3egu5y.jpg

Looks good!

Mike,

It was great, I can't move now though!

Meat coma...been there!

• 3 years later...
On 6/28/2014 at 7:13 PM, DoubleDD said:

We ate at a local steakhouse outside of Chicago.

va3egu5y.jpg

I’m looking at old posts in the food forum and this meal looks great.  What was the steak house?  I’m near Chicago myself.