English Premier League Season 14/15 - Fantasy/Tipping?

AlastairE

Originally posted in the *****UK forum

This seems an appropriate place to post an EPL thread... innocent.gif

How many of your *****UK guys are big EPL fans? I don't know how much love I'd cop in the waterhole with a football thread...

So, who do you support, where do you think you'll finish this season, what moves would you like to see the gaffer make before the window closes?

Also if any of you play Fantasy Premier League (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/) I'd be interested in setting up a FOH league. Winner at the end of the season gets a cigar 5er from each participant....?

Let me know if you're keen ok.gif

Thanks for this Alastair, I'd be well up for a little friendly UK league for five cigars.

Man Utd fan here, so hoping for better than last year, shouldn't be difficult! I have my tickets for our first game at home to Swansea, looking forward to that.

And gents, before the Utd bashing starts, remember that Diana is a Utd fan and you need to be nice if you want your cigars in good order jester.gif

• Like 1

West Ham fan here, and annoyed that Andy Carroll has another long term injury!

I'd definitely be up for a fantasy football league, and I reckon a few people outside the UK would be as well so we could post something in the watering hole :-) An international fantasy football league would be really interesting

Could have a main tournament in the waterhole and within that little competitions in each region for 5 ers for whoever finishes highest?

Maybe Rob will throw in a prize for the overall winner innocent.gif

• 2 weeks later...

alistair, i have not yet graduated to fantasy footy but i'd be up for a tipping comp. along the lines of the NFL tipping comp rob runs (or D or whoever).

I wouldn't mind setting up a tipping comp as well Ken. I'll look into websites that host them and will tee something up.

Fantasy is a lot of fun though. Have a look if you have the time. It's just like riding a bike, you'll do it once and never look back. It certainly makes 0-0 draws more interesting when you have two defenders with clean sheets riding on the line :)

Thanks for this Alastair, I'd be well up for a little friendly UK league for five cigars.

Man Utd fan here, so hoping for better than last year, shouldn't be difficult! I have my tickets for our first game at home to Swansea, looking forward to that.

And gents, before the Utd bashing starts, remember that Diana is a Utd fan and you need to be nice if you want your cigars in good order jester.gif

LVG looks the business this year. A bit worried that United might be a threat once again sad.png Bring back Moyes! tongue.png

West Ham fan here, and annoyed that Andy Carroll has another long term injury!

I'd definitely be up for a fantasy football league, and I reckon a few people outside the UK would be as well so we could post something in the watering hole :-) An international fantasy football league would be really interesting

Enner Valencia and Zarate are good pickups though. I'd take those two over Carroll any day.

--

I have moved this thread to the FOH Competitions subforum too, so we will see if any international EPL fans want to jump in. The more the merrier biggrin.png

I wouldn't mind setting up a tipping comp as well Ken. I'll look into websites that host them and will tee something up.

Fantasy is a lot of fun though. Have a look if you have the time. It's just like riding a bike, you'll do it once and never look back. It certainly makes 0-0 draws more interesting when you have two defenders with clean sheets riding on the line smile.png

i've often been tempted but i remember when i lived in the states many years ago, mates playing baseball fantasy would spend half a day sorting teams, trading, doing stats. i'd have a lot of fun but it would be a time killer! tipping is about all i can manage at the moment.

i've often been tempted but i remember when i lived in the states many years ago, mates playing baseball fantasy would spend half a day sorting teams, trading, doing stats. i'd have a lot of fun but it would be a time killer! tipping is about all i can manage at the moment.

It's not as time consuming as the American versions! There are no trades between teams in EPL Fantasy, and multiple teams can pick the same player. Unlike NFL (I know) / baseball (correct me if I'm wrong...) fantasy, where there can be no double ups on individual players.

Only limitation is a maximum of 3 players from one EPL team (so no Ramsey, Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud combo) biggrin.png

and a kitty of 100 million to pick a squad of 15 players, who's values are pre-determined. For example, Ramsey is 9.0 and Sanchez is 10.5, but their price will fluctuate with performance, and the amount of transfers in or out during the season by other managers

I have a cigar league running. Feel free to jump on. League no 503604-128695.

Will do mate!

Doesn't seem to be an overwhelming interest for a FOH League to kick off :(

Ken, if you are interested in tipping (again, looks like just me and you) I can sort something out.

Will do mate!

Doesn't seem to be an overwhelming interest for a FOH League to kick off sad.png

Ken, if you are interested in tipping (again, looks like just me and you) I can sort something out.

alistair, i suspect if you put it up, and convince his highness to put a cigar as a prize, we'll get some numbers for a tipping comp.

if you build it, they will come.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool fan here, who first thought Noooooooo to Balotelli but I've changed my mind, should be fun, def no dull.

Make him a better player and sell to RM in a couple of years for a cool £50Mill profit.

Liverpool fan here, who first thought Noooooooo to Balotelli but I've changed my mind, should be fun, def no dull.

Make him a better player and sell to RM in a couple of years for a cool £50Mill profit.

Milan must have been desperate to get rid of him, I haven't see a transfer start as speculation and move to near completion this fast recently. Sturridge will still be no.1 striker in Merseyside this season, but Balo will certainly help contribute up front.

Its a risk but if Brendan Rodgers can sort Balotelli out and get him playing well (and I think he can - I really rate him as a manager) he has the potential one of the world's best and they can have another great season :)

I had Liverpool 4th this year but if Balotelli clicks could go one better than last year.

As much as I would love Liverpool (and particularly Gerrard) to win a Premier League title I can't see them getting past Chelsea - they are favourites by quite a way in my eyes)

I think that you can finish high that Man City though :)