Hong Kong?

If I wanted to stay in Hong Kong with the girlfriend and see some sights, Bars and some night life what is the better area or say central location? or can you get around pretty easy by train, bus, subway to anyplace?

You can go and hit Lwang Kai Fong in Central, or some bar in Wanchai area. All located in Hong Kong side.

If you want some good time with the cigar, you can try LCDH in Sheraton Hotel located at Tsim Sha Tsui (Kowloon Side).

Hope this is helping!

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for the better area to stay in would that be central area for night life, bars, shopping. Can you get around pretty easy by bus, subway,ferry?

• Like 1

Best place to staying if you wanted those is Wanchai Area. Book some hotel around there, maybe you can try Luk Kwow Hotel in Wanchai.

You can use MTR (Subway) to get to Wanchai area and Lan Kai Fong. But for Lan Kai Fong, perhaps Taxi is a better choice instead.

As I know, when you want to visit some commercial area in Hong Kong, it's all so easy. Don't worry about that.

• 1 month later...

The subway in HK is very well done and goes just about anywhere on the flat. As GR said though, taxis are better in the hilly, windy roads of Lan Kai Fong. LKF has the more stylish bars, Wan Chai has more of the more 'questionable' establishments. You can stay in Central or LKF and be surrounded by great bars and restaurants. TST is also great, more of a flashy shopping district though, but again it is silly simple with the subway; very easy.

In Central the Red Divan on Pedder street is a very classy cigar bar. There are many others in HK, and many of the bars will have outdoor smoking terraces. I recently stayed in a brand new boutique hotel in Central, the Pottinger that was quite nice, and an easy walk to the Red Divan and lots of restaurants. It also had a nice bar with outdoor smoking terrace.

• 6 months later...

Finally got some free time from work. What are the prices like for cubans in HK is it worth picking up a few boxes from someplace?

In short - no. Very high prices.

• 1 year later...

Armani Prive is a cigar friendly, hip bar (bit too hip for me but all the young'uns around me are having a good time :P ) with an enormous outdoor terrace with sofas, table seating, canopies and two bars.  And they have an "All You Can Drink" menu on Saturdays and Sundays . . . I probably shouldn't have said that out loud in front of El Pres . . . :party:

Anyway, its in Central across from the Mandarin Oriental ( which is sporting a modest cigar shop and tasting room) and it's also across the street from the fabulous Red Chamber on Pedder street.  Aim for the Landmark Charter House building and the entrance to the bar is on the 2nd Floor.  No cutting fee of course since they don't sell cigars. mVery competent barmen.

338e41085e82bd315ad9a111405612d7.jpg
Grand Hyatt has a good pool. The chairs nearby are excellent for smoking cigars. Arnold was a few tables over last month when I was visiting.
2e67faea2fb41357c248110934f51ad6.jpg
Pacific Cigar Divan is the best. 22nd floor and great balcony.
2ab5325905d219bd3bbc82af09f873f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2