Catch of the day!

Grahamsant

That is the funniest video I have seen in years!!! I could not stop laughing and my side hurts!!!

Well, he was definitely right when he said they need help

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My brother and I fishing in Canada. Any Musky fisherman around? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abalone day, we only get 5 Sundays a year and one hr on each Sunday between 7 and 8am ...how deliciously  sweet do they look !      

West Australian Dhu fish ...average size ...Went out with an old sea dog ...does not get any better

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did Jay ever find out what that Fackin' fish was??? Could be an Ocean Sunfish...

• Like 1

Me and the Brother in law took a canoe trip down Big Darby Creek today. Was a little cold for the smallies but we got a few. Just awesome to get out. Beautiful water--National Scenic River to those who matter, crick to me. Smallmouth Bass out of a creek like this are hands down the best pound for pound fight one can experience I think. I've caught them in Lake Erie as well, but they don't fight like these fish. This sized fish ran drag back and forth and almost pulled us in the water! Like a mini tarpon IMO. A blast.

post-28755-0-81918900-1461201529_thumb.j

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

North central PA rainbow trout. App X. 28" 10 lbs.

post-20095-0-96494200-1463508961_thumb.j

• Like 3

out on a friends boat today ..a few small Western Australian Dhu Fish , great eating ....a long way out and not the best of days with the fish , still a great day .

post-12719-0-37223800-1463659406_thumb.j

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2016 at 4:40 PM, golfgar said:

Went to Lac Suel in Northwest Ontario for a 4 day trip, my personal best 27"  (69 cm) Walleye.

Walleye.jpg

edit spelling

Nice fish.  I've caught some 24's and 25's, but never that nice...yet.  

On 8/10/2016 at 7:55 PM, forgop said:

Nice fish.  I've caught some 24's and 25's, but never that nice...yet.  

We need to get you out to Colorado! We have two sleeper lakes for big  'eyes. Both lakes have mercury issues so you can't keep anything over 21". I picked up an 11 lber and 11.5 lber three weeks apart on the same lake. 

We have some monsters out here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

We need to get you out to Colorado! We have two sleeper lakes for big  'eyes. Both lakes have mercury issues so you can't keep anything over 21". I picked up an 11 lber and 11.5 lber three weeks apart on the same lake. 

We have some monsters out here.

Those are some hefty fish!

The 1st one was 11 lbs on the head. When we released her, she just sat there in the water idling for about 4 minutes. Awesome. The second one was 11.5 lbs, 29.5" long  and 19" around. She looked like a football with fins. My buddy who took the 1st pic always says she was way fatter than the pic lets on. I kinda stretched her out in the photo. What can I say, I was totally ramped up. LOL!

Both are still swimmin.

1911937_10203805661931095_1860894567_o.jpg

1899310_10203805667611237_846310285_o.jpg

1965632_10203914763818574_1435081561183374739_o.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I love catching and eating Walleye, but never at the right locations, time of year etc to get into a big one on a crankbait. And I simply don't fish enough to develop the "feel" to get a jig in their mouth and set the hook before they spit it out. Nice catch. Sure I've caught plenty of eating size but never had the luck to get one over 4 1/2lbs. Except for when the Corps of Engineers flushed all the baitfish down the Oahe Dam effectively starving the predatory fish so they would hit any line in the water.  

18 hours ago, Fosgate said:

I love catching and eating Walleye, but never at the right locations, time of year etc to get into a big one on a crankbait. And I simply don't fish enough to develop the "feel" to get a jig in their mouth and set the hook before they spit it out. Nice catch. Sure I've caught plenty of eating size but never had the luck to get one over 4 1/2lbs. Except for when the Corps of Engineers flushed all the baitfish down the Oahe Dam effectively starving the predatory fish so they would hit any line in the water.  

Oahe is tough to fish on a great day. The wifey's family fishes it all the time. They are from Mcintosh-Watauga SD. About 45 min west of Mobridge. 

Night stalking a lake like that would take some serious research. The 'eyes up there spawn in all of the tributaries so finding a rocky and deep area outside of the spawning grounds would be tough unless you knew the area well. 

I would think that a Jiggin Rapala or Shiver Minnow would work pretty well on all of the mud flats at Oahe. Walleye smash the daylights out of those things. Same goes for jigging spoons and blade baits. They can be picky fish but if you go after them looking for a reaction bite, they don't disappoint.

• Like 1

Yeah, when I lived in Pierre, local guide were using white, purple or pink primarily for their color choices of plugs. Relative of mine was hammering them good using an neutral plug with about 6-12 ft attaching it to an 8os triangular weight. Pull up fish on the depth finder and the weight would show up also so you could drop the plug right in front of them. I was never with him getting into big ones but we would hammer the smaller eyes on "fantasy island" (shallow mud flat where the Cheyenne river meets.) yes Oahe is tough since the Migrate up and down that body of water. Sometimes is just better to hit a small lake rather than break your back on a long trip on the reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah you burn a lot of miles getting to the fish on Oahe. I remember the wifeys cousin making runs almost to the ND border during the Mobridge PWT tourney a few years ago. He has a Yarcraft with a 300 Verado on it. The fastest walleye boat I was ever on. Topped out at 64mph I think.

• Like 1

I heard of a couple guides in Pierre that took a boat from Pierre all the way up to Riverdale ND. I think I threw my back out just thinking about it. 

13 hours ago, Fosgate said:

I heard of a couple guides in Pierre that took a boat from Pierre all the way up to Riverdale ND. I think I threw my back out just thinking about it. 

Bwahaha! That's no joke! She's a rough mutha. Big Mac in NE is the same way. Gotta love high plains winds.

Speaking of Big Mac, that's another good lake to scratch the 10lb eye off the bucket list. The alewife spawn was this month and my wiper fisherman buddies were catching 8-10lb eyes while top water fishing for wipers at night.