canucks6024

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, Quintero Favouritos finally made it to the 12:12 sale. How many boxes are each of you guys in for? . Hehe

I'm currently smoking 2012 Quintero Londres Extra. Fine smoke for the money. Nothing fancy, but nice toasted tobacco flavour. I still prefer PLPs but these are good. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, the favoritos and the brevas are solid regardless if they're c&c. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've been very consistent smokes for me. Few odd ones with wonky construction but for most part flavorful, easy, and right price. I have about 3 boxes worth currently and perfect for 45 minutes. Not a cigar you need to worry about if you toss it early due to schedule. Best I've smoked are from my 2012 boxes that have been depleted. I would say a couple years does them benefit but not necessary. Fresh aren't too far off.

Any words on the petits- have not tried those yet?

They've been very consistent smokes for me. Few odd ones with wonky construction but for most part flavorful, easy, and right price. I have about 3 boxes worth currently and perfect for 45 minutes. Not a cigar you need to worry about if you toss it early due to schedule. Best I've smoked are from my 2012 boxes that have been depleted. I would say a couple years does them benefit but not necessary. Fresh aren't too far off.

Any words on the petits- have not tried those yet?

I liked the Petit Quintero, good smoke; direct and one dimensional wood and toasted tobacco flavours. I find it similar to the Favoritos, perhaps a touch stronger. A bit harsh in the final third but I think they will improve. Good winter smoke for me and good price. I still think the PLPs are better but the QPQs are cheaper. I don't think these will develop sweeter flavours a la the Quintero Panetelas, Brevas and Londres Extras (for me) and I find these cigars to have a darker flavour profile than the QPQ.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently smoking 2012 Quintero Londres Extra. Fine smoke for the money. Nothing fancy, but nice toasted tobacco flavour. I still prefer PLPs but these are good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm SHOCKED! 2013 Favoritos sampled ROTT was THE sweetest cigar I have ever smoked! Overtly so, with a light cream undertone... developed a savory backbone about midway but never got past medium. I hope the sweetness will come into balance with a little time to settle, but for me the Favoritos is a stunner at under $3 us per stick!

Been a good while for me on the brevas, I plan to round out my next order with a box. I want to compare their flavor to that of the favoritos. BTW, since my last post, the sweetness has leveled off a bit on subsequent smokes...still a stunner foe the price tho!

• 2 weeks later...

Smoked a fairly recent Breva (from late 2014 I think) that was gifted to me by a guy at the lounge. I think I enjoy them young better than with a couple of years on them. Just like that strong twangy flavor that they have.

• 6 months later...

Been smoking some petits which I've kept for about 8 months now. Easy smoke without any complexity. But hits the spot when you need that tobacco hit. With this, I finally understand what's meant by a yard-gar.

But given how much they cost here in Singapore, I reckon I'm better off with some party shorts.

The 2015 Favoritos I've had were a good yard gar until the halfway point, then they got a bit too youthful to enjoy. The 14s I've had were pretty enjoyable.

Can't say that running a snowblower and having a cigar is necessarily wise, but damnit I was having a cigar that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Smoking through a box of 08 Londres Extra. Pretty good smokes, tasting better than alot of other smokes from the same year. Quite a bit better than JLP and around the same price.