"Cohiba" 2015 limited edition

meatball41

I was gifted this smoke on a trip recently, (2015 EL Cohiba does not exist) I smoked about half of it out of curiosity and politeness towards the giver. It did taste like it could have been originally a cuban short filler cigar that had been rebanded with fake cuban labels. It did not have a triple cap however. The profile was fairly generic and had muddled notes of earthy tobacco with nothing really standing out.

The Cohiba label was ok looking but the paper was really thin like gift wrap paper and it was not emobossed at all and the text was not as sharp as it should be. The printing on the limited edition label was really bad and both labels were not carefully applied and were misaligned at the seem.

Construction wasn't horrible and it burned ok. The ash fell off very quickly in 1/2 inch sections, not much longer than the pic below.

post-17237-0-41882100-1423163565_thumb.j

post-17237-0-42154500-1423163583_thumb.j

post-17237-0-18735100-1423163607_thumb.j

post-17237-0-52607200-1423163660_thumb.j

post-17237-0-87843700-1423163692_thumb.j

post-17237-0-00573500-1423163740_thumb.j

post-17237-0-25002600-1423163760_thumb.j

Me personally, I don't understand why people knowingly smoke fake cuban cigars... you have no idea what's in them. If you've seen some pictures that I have, you probably wouldn't do it again either.

And knowingly buy them for what ever reason , this simply enables these people to continue to operate...meatball put curiosity aside and be more careful buddy .smile.png

• Like 1

Me personally, I don't understand why people knowingly smoke fake cuban cigars... you have no idea what's in them. If you've seen some pictures that I have, you probably wouldn't do it again either.

Do they really put gross stuff in fakes? I'd be interested in knowing or even seeing what kind of awful things they can have inside, can you post some pics for we to see. Thanks!

Do they really put gross stuff in fakes? I'd be interested in knowing or even seeing what kind of awful things they can have inside, can you post some pics for we to see. Thanks!

I've only heard and read about truly gross crap being snuck into "habana" cigars sold on the streets of Havana, itself by enterprising young hucksters; "Psst! Hey! Amigo! You wanna buy some cigars? Muy cheap; bueno cheap; cheap, cheap!" And offering you a box of "Cohibas" for only $35 American dollars. And when dissected at the hotel or wherever, they're found to contain everything from rolled up newspaper, to human hair and animal hair, feces and dirt, you name it. But these are primarily from highly mobile agents who are confident you'll never see them again. I've gotten my share of fakes through the years that definitely were not that gross, in fact they were downright good. So just like with meatball41, it's mostly short-filler (but at least) all tobacco.

• 3 weeks later...

I've only heard and read about truly gross crap being snuck into "habana" cigars sold on the streets of Havana, itself by enterprising young hucksters; "Psst! Hey! Amigo! You wanna buy some cigars? Muy cheap; bueno cheap; cheap, cheap!" And offering you a box of "Cohibas" for only $35 American dollars. And when dissected at the hotel or wherever, they're found to contain everything from rolled up newspaper, to human hair and animal hair, feces and dirt, you name it. But these are primarily from highly mobile agents who are confident you'll never see them again. I've gotten my share of fakes through the years that definitely were not that gross, in fact they were downright good. So just like with meatball41, it's mostly short-filler (but at least) all tobacco.

I have found pieces of paper with handwriting on it, several long white strings, a couple of grey pebbles, one black pebble and I have even seen a couple hairs popping out of the cigar's feet.

These were all found in legit Cuban cigars. Worst offender was one particular box of Punch Punch (I still have half left). Found at least three cigars thaht had paper with handwriting on it, one of the grey/brown pebbles and a couple pieces of string. Tastes were fine, but once these items were pulled out, or popped out, the draw became Padron-like and it was like smoking through a paper towel roll and nothing inside.

I have found pieces of paper with handwriting on it, several long white strings, a couple of grey pebbles, one black pebble and I have even seen a couple hairs popping out of the cigar's feet.

These were all found in legit Cuban cigars. Worst offender was one particular box of Punch Punch (I still have half left). Found at least three cigars thaht had paper with handwriting on it, one of the grey/brown pebbles and a couple pieces of string. Tastes were fine, but once these items were pulled out, or popped out, the draw became Padron-like and it was like smoking through a paper towel roll and nothing inside.

Did they have some kind of hidden message? jester.gif

Were you able to crack the code? Just kidding!

Now talking serious, how does a pebble end inside a cigar? Anyway, sorry to hear you've had several pieces of random stuff inside your cigars.

Its Cuba dude. Smoke enough cigars, you'll find some weird stuff happening.

I didn't even mention all the twigs and little sticks found in cigars.

The funny part about the papers and string is that they were clearly visible and hanging from the feet of the cigar. Anybody looking at the cigars would have seen them sticking out right away

paper, twigs, string, dried paint chips, rocks, cardboard, insects, ect.

It's not hard to imagine why and how this happens. You take a broom, you sweep up cigar trash that made it's way on the floor of the rolling bench, you collect everything in a dust pan along with trash and other mess, and you roll a cigar with whatever you grab in your hand.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather not ignite and ingest heated up lead based paint chips, paper, trash et al.

• Like 1

I understand the concern over what "might" be in counterfeits, but think about (or maybe not) what we enjoy smoking; some of the finest tobacco that surely has traces of manure and bird poop on it, has been loaded on carts that I'm sure aren't regularly cleaned, placed in bales for extended periods that reach high temperatures promoting all kinds of things to grow on it, and rolled by human hands that hopefully have regular access to toilet paper and soap and water.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the concern over what "might" be in counterfeits, but think about (or maybe not) what we enjoy smoking; some of the finest tobacco that surely has traces of manure and bird poop on it, has been loaded on carts that I'm sure aren't regularly cleaned, placed in bales for extended periods that reach high temperatures promoting all kinds of things to grow on it, and rolled by human hands that hopefully have regular access to toilet paper and soap and water.

Cheery!

Can somebody actually post a few pics of some dodgy cigar fillers. I have frequently heard it mentioned, but am yet to actually see pictures of a cigar filler containing rocks, string or paint chips.

Any unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the appearance of faeces that has been aged at 70/70!

• 5 weeks later...

Construction wasn't horrible and it burned ok. The ash fell off very quickly in 1/2 inch sections, not much longer than the pic below.

Agreed. Most short filler as has been stated. If that ash can't get to 1 inch, dont bother! sleep.png

• 2 months later...

paper, twigs, string, dried paint chips, rocks, cardboard, insects, ect.

It's not hard to imagine why and how this happens. You take a broom, you sweep up cigar trash that made it's way on the floor of the rolling bench, you collect everything in a dust pan along with trash and other mess, and you roll a cigar with whatever you grab in your hand.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather not ignite and ingest heated up lead based paint chips, paper, trash et al.

Lol , I found this funny. Paranoia at its best, but I'm inclined to think like that also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk