Bangkok\Thailand

Hi All,

i did a search and found the last topic was back in 2012 so thought a refresh would be due as there didn't appear to be much happening back then.

i'm heading to Bangkok on a golf trip in early October of this year, i don't actually play any golf so look forward to exploring the city and its surrounds. i'm not looking to buy cigars as i'll probably bring a few of my own - but i suppose if there is a reputable place to pick up supplies i would make the effort to visit and say a friendly hello to the vendor at the very least.

Just wondering what cigar related fun can be had in this city (i am wary of what answers i might get) and if any members live or work in or around the city and have some time to spare, well i'm always up for a bit of buddies.gif

Hi kam

I have only met Joe a few times but seems like a lovely bloke.

La Casa Del Habano
Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, Lobby Level 48 Oriental Avenue, Bangkok 10500, Thailand

Tel. (662) 267 1596, 236 0400
Fax. (662) 267 1597
Mail. [email protected] / [email protected]

Mr Joe Thawilvejjakul

Opening :
Mon -Thu : 10:00am -10:00pm
Fri - Sat : 10:00am - 11:00pm
Sun and Public Holidays : 12:00pm – 6:00pm

• Like 1

Golf trip you say haha. Bangkok is hectic to say the least, plenty or awesome food, shopping and fun. I stayed in the Marriott which had a nice cigar store, a little overpriced but great quality.

cough cough ummm yes Golf trip..

thanks Rob, had a google and seems like a good place to have a smoke if they have an area by the river.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

i'll be in Thailand from Oct2-12. The first four days or so will be in Pattaya and then pretty much Bangkok for the rest of the time. i'll know more once itineraries are finalized and let you know.

kop kun kap KP.

• 1 month later...

Rob is spot on regarding the Mandarin, you can trust them there. I would add that you should book a table by the river for the dinner buffet, the best in my opinion in SE Asia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if it changed. I tried to go into the Mandarin Oriental wearing shorts a few years ago and was stopped at the door saying I couldn't come in wearing them. Just a heads up.

• Like 1

Don't know if it changed. I tried to go into the Mandarin Oriental wearing shorts a few years ago and was stopped at the door saying I couldn't come in wearing them. Just a heads up.

Was that because of the shorts? Or because of how your legs looked in the shorts?? :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give a very warm shout out to a very welcoming host Kittipong. Not only did he organise a great catch up, he actually organised two events since i mucked up my itinery and couldn't make the first one.

We enjoyed a leisurely long brunch at the Anantara Hotel, smoking a number of cigars at the buffet. Yes you heard me right, its the only hotel in Bangkok where you can actually smoke cigars while enjoying your buffet lunch!.. Peking duck was paired with a Diplomatico Bushido, sashimi, roasted fragoi (was that even possible) among other detectible goodies all washed down with numerous mohito's from what appeared to be our very own drinks waiter (Alex) who being ever vigilante ensured a new mohito was in place just as the last one was consumed.

Thanks Kittipong, for providing a fitting end to a lovely visit to Bangkok.

post-9305-0-59298900-1444826599_thumb.jp

post-9305-0-99197300-1444826647_thumb.jp

post-9305-0-50608800-1444826704_thumb.jp

Looks like a marvelous day! Any idea of smoking locations in Phuket? I'm off there for Christmas and looking forward to some quality smoking time.

Whats the smoking laws like in Thailand now? I thought smoking in side a public property had been outlawed?

Randy

Hi Randy,

if you know Sam Spurr, his in Phuket right now. PM him as he might be able to answer some of them questions.

From my point of view of Bangkok and Pattaya, i was able to smoke on my own balcony, on the private beach at the resort and obviously if you have a fantastic contact as Kittypong, you can find out about places like Anantara Hotel. When i'm by myself i just scope out the area, when on the beach i was practically by myself and and away from others, saw the workers smoking in a particular area so lit up there, there were day beds there anyway so it was nice and comfy.

cheers,

Kam

• 1 year later...

Heading to Bangkok first week in December, appreciate reading this post (can never have too much information when traveling to another continent), emailed Joe just to say 'hello' and looking forward to visiting the Mandarin and perusing their stock :-)