Favorite Steak House

JohnnyCigar

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My House ! Get a custom cut ribeye 1 1/2 " to 2" thick use my special seasoning and call it a day no steak house can touch it !

For many years Peter Luger was by far the only place to get a great steak. And it still is IMHO. Still #1 Steakhouse in the U.S. Wolfgangs, started by the former long time headwaiter is second plac

Peter Lugers for sure. And theres a new Davidoff Cigar lounge on the next block now. Mark Joseph Steakhouse is a close second.

I agree with Hunter about getting the best steak at home,

But the best steak I've ever had out was at a little redneck place in Pensacola FL. "Mesquite Charlie's" 34oz t bone grilled over hardwood coals.

The Cut Bar & Grill or the Oaks...both in Sydney and serve an aged rib eye on the bone ...plus the bone with the marrow...wash it down with a solid Shiraz from the Barossa, followed by HDM Ep2 and life is grand...

• Like 2

Joe' Seafood Prime Steak and Stone Crab in Vegas and Chicago. Still need to get to the ones in Washington and Miami. Love the bone in rib eye.

• Like 1

1) My House

2) Anybody else's house where I can cook my own steak.

3) Chamberlain's

4) Bob's

5) Pappa Bros.

6) iii Forks

7) Lonesome Dove

• Like 2

NYC:

My favourite at the moment is Strip House, been several times in the past year and it's been really consistent. People/colleagues rave on about Wolfgang's but in terms of consistency it's fallen by the wayside (for me)

London:

Someone mentioned Hawksmoor which I've only had their Sunday Roast which is amazing value (not had their steak there yet) but my favourite there is a place called Goodman. Anyone in London or passing through needs to check this place out!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a sucker for wood-fired steak. There is a little restaurant named "Rachel's" in Austintown, Ohio, that has been grilling steaks this way since I was a kid. I've had great steaks at places like Peter Luger's, Bobby Van's, Del Frisco's, etc., but Rachel's is still the one that stands out to me.

For many years Peter Luger was by far the only place to get a great steak.

And it still is IMHO. Still #1 Steakhouse in the U.S.

Wolfgangs, started by the former long time headwaiter is second place, multiple locations and more varied menu.

But a couple of years ago I got a Wolf Dual Fuel range with an infrared grill and source my prime 60 day aged beef from a local butcher and my at home steak is second to none. You can click on the pics for a larger size image.

c50dfe436074399.jpg[/media]

7dddce436074374.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elk Creek Steakhouse in Piedmont South Dakota- This is a favorite of ranchers who raise much of the Black Angus beef served there. I have take old guys in there that walked out and said it was the best piece of meat they ever had. (says a lot in my area of beef producers) http://www.elkcreeksteakhouse.com/

Bobs Resort is my second. I'll detour if I am within 75 miles if they are open. Crazy portions of meat and just succulent ageing. Just a simple meal with lots of natural flavor. No steak sauce required and you may be asked if you want it ground up and put on a bun if you do ask for any.

http://www.venturecomm.net/~bobstempsite/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Bobs-Menu.pdf

15484826_uMzHRAmAxffk8_qo2jy18l-ouXiZMct

• 2 weeks later...

Here in Canada, it has to be Ruth's Chris if money is no object

Hy's gets good marks too in Ottawa

Have you been to Jacobs & Co in Toronto? Ruth's Chris (a franchise restaurant!) is McDonalds by comparison.

• Like 1