A Visit to Montreal

Puros Y Vino

Man, I really need to schedule another business trip to visit Future Electronics ;)

If you do let me know when and I will try to schedule a business trip for the same time.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but Au Pied de Cochon is one of my favorite restaurants in Montreal. Martin Picard the chef is a colorful character and his food is top notch, the man is truly passionate about food. 

He also has a cabane a sucre (sugar shack?) north of Montreal, We wanted to go this year but it is already fully booked for the season (spring). 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 9:36 PM, Phillys said:

Another favorite is Joe Beef, damn that place is good. There are so many great restaurants in Montreal, strong culinary culture.  

We've been wanting to go there, but getting a reservation is impossible.  Thought about just walking in, but wasn't sure if we'd be out of luck just showing up.  We went to their "sister restaurant" that was really good.  Big time hipster kind of place which I forget the name of.

3 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

We've been wanting to go there, but getting a reservation is impossible.  Thought about just walking in, but wasn't sure if we'd be out of luck just showing up.  We went to their "sister restaurant" that was really good.  Big time hipster kind of place which I forget the name of.

Liverpool House? That's a really good place also, can't go wrong. 

As for walk-ins at Joe Beef, good luck but could happen I just wouldn't expect it to happen on a given night. They do however have an app on the site for same day reservations (due to cancellations), but it's a gamble. You have to book well in advance to get a table but WELL worth it if you enjoy meat and foie gras.

Just checked and they have a 6:45 tonight! aside from that next availabilities are in May. :hungry:

44 minutes ago, Phillys said:

Yes, it was Liverpool House!  That place was dim lit to put it mildly.  Might as well be pitch dark and save a few candles...  We enjoyed our meal there and would go back.

8 hours ago, Phillys said:

As for walk-ins at Joe Beef, good luck but could happen I just wouldn't expect it to happen on a given night. They do however have an app on the site for same day reservations (due to cancellations), but it's a gamble. You have to book well in advance to get a table but WELL worth it if you enjoy meat and foie gras.

Just checked and they have a 6:45 tonight! aside from that next availabilities are in May. :hungry:

Not sure how or where you are looking, but I just got reservations for this Saturday night  at 7:30 about 3 minutes ago...It's tough to get reservations, not impossible!