Whynter or Newair pre fab frigadors

ralphie48

9 hours ago, TabacoLibre said:

Could you show where the sheet of cedar is attached please? I am considering purchasing the Whynter  CWC-351DD (half frigador half wine cooler) but it's maximum temp in 66F. Idk if that's too cool or if should be good enough. Also trying to figure out how to make it work perfectly with as little tweaks as possible (I like my humidity around 70%)

Here is a look at walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whynter-16-Bottel-Dual-Zone-Freestanding-Wine-Refrigerators/52399700?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=3&adid=22222222227040410781&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=87873030410&wl4=pla-203956708610&wl5=9021740&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8453308&wl11=online&wl12=52399700&wl13=&veh=sem#about

Picture is from above post.  When I first started I was all about 70/70 which made things tough when I got this thing.  I'll just about guarantee if you try to maintain 70rh/66f your sticks will be wet.  

I used some short finishing nails bent at 90deg to hang on the vents.image.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Any updates on this ? I'm thinking of getting a Wynter unit and I live in vegas with temps always higher than elsewhere. The internal temperature regulation is what's most important to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where do you guys get the bags that you put in the bottoms of your coolers with beads in them to catch any condensation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a newair fridge and use HF beads. I have found the single most important component to stabilize humidity and avoid any condensation are FANS. Good air flow does the trick.
I bought off amazon CPU blower fans with a timer. Set them to run 10 mins every hour. Works like a charm. I can take a photo of the fans and set up if anyone needs help.

Can you link me the fan with timer. I have a bunch of boxes and will eventually need more airflow. So far looks like exactly what I wanted :
20aa6ef8c7383f2595f9f7cdb54ccbc6.jpg
00f77a9749390d4cbdd9d5bc8c915914.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 3:21 PM, havanaclub said:

I have a newair fridge and use HF beads. I have found the single most important component to stabilize humidity and avoid any condensation are FANS. Good air flow does the trick.
I bought off amazon CPU blower fans with a timer. Set them to run 10 mins every hour. Works like a charm. I can take a photo of the fans and set up if anyone needs help.

I second this, any chance you could send some pictures of your fan setup??

I second this, any chance you could send some pictures of your fan setup??

Here you go. Got these CPU fans off amazon. Had to drill a hole in the back of the cooler and taped up the hole. They are on a timer to run on and off all day long. Think I have it going 10 mins every hour. Hope this helps. pM me if you have any question. eb7b68387f251ce26d85385453d3402f.jpg7d0c8be2ea6b82f38cbb7d8a794af09e.jpg

• Like 1