H Upmann Sir Winston

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Trigga said:

When's the last time any of you have seen these available?

My last box is JAN 16, but I believe I've seen some even more recent ones around already, as well as some stock with a bit of age already.

One of several cigars currently unavailable/unseen in the main for at least the past 18 months, presumably due to shortages of suitable leaf. Or for other, more nefarious, reasons speculated by the inmates here.

Although not the same, I find a lot of SW genetic markers in the Connie A FWIW.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I am wondering if anyone who has recently (last 6 months) gone to Cuba recall seeing any boxes around the island?  Looking at regular production not the Reserva.  

Also, anyone talk to LCDH employees about SW production or at the festival?  

Thanks for any info.

On 11/8/2016 at 4:27 PM, foursite12 said:

One of several cigars currently unavailable/unseen in the main for at least the past 18 months, presumably due to shortages of suitable leaf. Or for other, more nefarious, reasons speculated by the inmates here.

Although not the same, I find a lot of SW genetic markers in the Connie A FWIW.

I think I actually prefer the A, but agree they share some of the same DNA 

1 hour ago, Kbb said:

I am wondering if anyone who has recently (last 6 months) gone to Cuba recall seeing any boxes around the island?  Looking at regular production not the Reserva.  

Also, anyone talk to LCDH employees about SW production or at the festival?  

Thanks for any info.

I was there in November, and they were none were to be found. Fonseca No 1s, Behike Singles, Sig VI boxes, all the currently released LCDH spsecials, 50 cabs of Hoyo DC, but alas. No Sir Winston of any kind. 

The only chatter I have heard from the recent Habanos festival was regarding the Sir Winston GRs. Which I will not be touching with a 10 foot pole. We haven't seen hardly any Winnies the last two years, but your gunna tell me all those shiny GRs you're selling me are all 5+ years old? And I need to pay $50 per stick? Hahaha HSA has no need for concern though, another one is born every minute.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

We haven't seen hardly any Winnies the last two years, but your gunna tell me all those shiny GRs you're selling me are all 5+ years old? And I need to pay $50 per stick? Hahaha HSA has no need for concern though, another one is born every minute.

Are you being serious on the price? Are they really going to be $50 a stick?

If so, that's insane. 

I don't have anything confirmed yet, but I can't imagine them being less than $50. Look at the price of the Capuletos for this 24:24, less cigar, no previous name recognition, and just a "lowly" LE. The Reservas get price bumps, the Gran Reservas move into an entirely new price bracket. The Cohiba Gran Reservas listed for $115 PER STICK, the Monte No.  GRss a few years later looked downright affordable at about $75 a piece. 

The more I think about it, the $75 to $100 dollar range actually seems more likely. For a stick that in all likely is not what you are being told it is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

I don't have anything confirmed yet, but I can't imagine them being less than $50. Look at the price of the Capuletos for this 24:24, less cigar, no previous name recognition, and just a "lowly" LE. The Reservas get price bumps, the Gran Reservas move into an entirely new price bracket. The Cohiba Gran Reservas listed for $115 PER STICK, the Monte No.  GRss a few years later looked downright affordable at about $75 a piece. 

The more I think about it, the $75 to $100 dollar range actually seems more likely. For a stick that in all likely is not what you are being told it is. 

Would be shocked if they were under $100/stick.

41 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

I guess this is typically a case where I'd base my choice on aroma and construction rather than wrapper quality…

Agreed - but damn those medium wrappers look delicious..