PigFish

On 8/14/2017 at 6:58 PM, CanuckSARTech said:

Ray, any further versions of this?  Another iteration using rechargeable AA lithium batteries perhaps?  Are you still making these?

Yes I do still have them (make them).

The problem Keith is that I use a real fan...! One of these fans will push 25cfm. They draw about 300MA and that means that it will kill a battery pack in short order. Now an emergency light battery (sealed 12VDC, about the size of a box of #5's) will likely power one for some time but it depends on the amp-hour capacity. My preference would be to make a small plastic plate with a weathertight grommet and drill a hole and bring the wire into the humidor rather than use batteries. If batteries leak, you could have a real problem... I just don't want batteries in one of my humidors, but we all have different fears and needs here.

Let me know if you need help with a solution. We can probably work something out... Hope you are well. -Ray

Just now, PigFish said:

Yes I do still have them (make them).

The problem Keith is that I use a real fan...! One of these fans will push 25cfm. They draw about 300MA and that means that it will kill a battery pack in short order. Now an emergency light battery (sealed 12VDC, about the size of a box of #5's) will likely power one for some time but it depends on the amp-hour capacity. My preference would be to make a small plastic plate with a weathertight grommet and drill a hole and bring the wire into the humidor rather than use batteries. If batteries leak, you could have a real problem... I just don't want batteries in one of my humidors, but we all have different fears and needs here.

Let me know if you need help with a solution. We can probably work something out... Hope you are well. -Ray

uuuuuggggh.

Okay.  Wasn't sure about battery aspects.  Yes, I'm specifically looking at batteries only (AA, D cell, etc), and am NOT INTERESTED in the side effects of large sealed lead-acid batteries on the like.  So, fingers crossed, and waiting for the technology to improve, I guess I'll just have to sit on my Oust fans continued usage for now.  While they're VERY LOW cfm, they run well on a D-cell for 4 months or so at a time, and with the 5-min runtime out of every 15-mins, it's actually not a bad average air movement overall.

I'll keep this all in mind though, Ray.  

I'm well enough here, and hope the same for you.  When you gonna join us in Havana???

6 minutes ago, CanuckSARTech said:

uuuuuggggh.

Okay.  Wasn't sure about battery aspects.  Yes, I'm specifically looking at batteries only (AA, D cell, etc), and am NOT INTERESTED in the side effects of large sealed lead-acid batteries on the like.  So, fingers crossed, and waiting for the technology to improve, I guess I'll just have to sit on my Oust fans continued usage for now.  While they're VERY LOW cfm, they run well on a D-cell for 4 months or so at a time, and with the 5-min runtime out of every 15-mins, it's actually not a bad average air movement overall.

I'm well enough here, and hope the same for you.  When you gonna join us in Havana???

... you know mate, if you want to play with one of these (and think you will actually use it and not let it collect dust, cause thats is just a waste of my money) I will send you one!

-LMK...

Man with how I run down the Reds on this forum, I think that they have a nice cell made up for me already... -LOL -R

• Like 1

LOL.  Well, as much as Ayala bashes on H S.A., he STILL manages to get in and out of the country relatively scott-free!!!!  So, if HE can do it, damn near anyone can!!!!  LOL.

Regarding the fan, I appreciate the kind offer, but without running a crazy power inverter and/or extension cords, etc., it'd be a PITA to do the current set-up.  Like I said, AA's or D-cells would be the only way I would go (alkaline or lithiums).  I'm staying away from all other).  But, I DEFINTELY appreciate the kind offer!!!!

... ah yes... I recall talking to you about this before and now it comes back to me. You are 'powerless' to use my solution, now I remember. It is the mind that goes first...!

Rob still blames H SA, a partial owner that has zero power!!! I go to the heart of the matter, Tabacuba and that crappy government of theirs! -LOL

-R

uuuuuggggh.

What about the Xikar battery powered fans?

1 hour ago, luvdunhill said:

What about the Xikar battery powered fans?

That's what got me thinking about these again.

I was looking at those, but looks like a big "meh" for my purposes (100 qt coolerdors and decent-enough-sized custom cabinet).  Those Xikar ones don't push enough air.  The Oust ones work better (more air over more time).