15 Cigars you would pack right now for a weeks fishing/Camping?

Heading away 5am Monday morning for a weeks fishing cigar.gif

i will take 15 cigars with me. Haven't picked them yet and will leave it until Saturday morning when I will be packing the Jeep in the warehouse. I have a small advantage when picking my cigar, I can walk into my B&M daydream.gif

From the Cigars you have in your humidor.....if you had to choose 15 cigars right now. Which ones would you pick to take away?

let us know and I will work from your recommendations. Multiples of the same cigar is not a problem! thumbsup.gif

5 cheap and cheerfuls of your preference for fishing time, mine would be Quintero Favoritos

2 HUHC (or maybe Monte MC if I had them)

2 BPC

1 Punch Punch

1 RASS

1 PLPC

1 VRF

2 Regionals of your preference for nice relaxed nights. For my selections, perhaps a RACF and PL Sobresalientes

2x 12 Punch DC

2x 14 Party 898

2x 14 HDM Epicure 1

2x 14 RA Superiores

2x 14 Punch Punch

2x 14 H. Upmann Royal Robustos

1x 09 RG Corona Extra

1x 07 Boli Corona Extra

1x 04 Party SDC 2

• Like 3

Well Rob I'd approach it in this manner. I take it one week means 7 days or what maybe 6 days at best.

Morning time cigar; light, easy on the taste buds which allows the you to enjoy the meal but taste the cigar

monty #2 or La Gloria Cubana, Quai D'Orsay. After lunch; Saint Luis Rey / Vegas Robaina any Hermoso #4.

Dinner; Ramon Allones / Partagas / Bolivars.

In between the meals while catching fish or working around camp site; RyJ Short Church or HDM / Hupmanns

or even a Diplomatico.

If you catch that record fish how about a Vintage smoke like; 1980's Cuban Davidoff #1

or a Por Larranaga Dunhill Selection #33 late 70's early 80's.

Even bust out the La Escepcion - Selecto Finos 2011 Italy

Happy hunting...

Funny you should ask.

I'm packing for a camping trip in the morning and will let you know the 15 I select!

Only 3 days so that should hopefully last......may grab a couple back ups just in case :)

• Like 1

I'd allocate 1/3 to cigars I'd be smoking in camp, which means just about any vitola; and 2/3'd to sticks that are easy to handle in the boat or while wading. Robustos or Corona Gordas for the latter, IMHO whereas at the campsite you'll be sitting on your duff, out of the wind, and be able to deal with a DC, Churchill or some other 60RG Robusto Doublee Gigante Mucho Grande.

Siglo IV's and Punch Punch for me, while fishing. Maybe a few PSD4's as backup or for others in the boat. Back at camp, Punch DC or Partagas Series E or P2.

I figure 6 nights around the campfire, so 6 really good cigars; HU Magnum 50 LE, Hoyo Epicure Especial LE, Bolivar Gigantes from 1995, Cohiba Piramides LE from 2001, Partagas Lusitania from 1993, and a Montecristo No.2 Gran Reserva. I also figure 6 days on the boat fishing, so I would make sure I have my trusty cigar holder, and pack 2 Punch DC's, 2 Hoyo DC's, and 2 of those awesome Partagas Lusitanias (MOB JUL 14, from the 24:24 here) That leaves 3... I figure the 3 extras will be enjoyed in between times, so a Por Larranaga Petit Corona from 2004, a Bolivar Belicosos Finos (PMS ENE 15, another great 24:24) and a Cohiba Behike 52 from 2008.

1 of each DC - Hoyo, Punch, RAG, Lusi - 1 Sir Winston, 1 RyJ Churchill to go with the night caps... Corona gorda lineup for the fishing - Mag 46, why not some a JLS1, old Punch RS11, Hoyo Epi1 - and robustos - BRC, RASS - as well as a Cazadores and Monty 2... don't forget a few Rey del Mundo demi-tasse to go with your morning coffee...

Rob; I really don't think 15 cigars is enough!!

Yesterday the Chiados, Parti #1, Punch Punch, RASS. Today Dip #5 and CCE so far.

7a7544d66a4a1afcd6d8763e9f83e74e.jpg