The Worst Movie /Movies you have watched.

Just saw "Grandma" in the theater with the wife. It is the worst acted, written and cast film I have ever seen. Not only the acting, but the characters were stereotyped to within an inch of cartoons! Are you an 18 year old male who just knocked up your girlfriend and doesn't have money to pay for an abortion? Then you will be typecast as a pot smoking loser (Marijuana leaf hockey jersey and all) who gets beat up by "grandma" (who is also a militant lesbian and feminist) for the $50 you have in your sock drawer. Own a coffee shop and don't appreciate "grandma" yelling about abortion, its ridiculous cost and how it used to be free in her day, then you will be stereotyped as the narrow minded and intolerant Christian (Jesus fish necklace hanging WAY out so not to be missed!). All the while the whole point of the movie is the knocked up granddaughter and "grandma" going from place to place to try and raise the needed $500 so granddaughter can get her abortion.

I have seen abortion movies before and usually the subject is treated with respect, even to the point where the obvious emotional difficulty in deciding to have one is portrayed on film in an honest way. This movie just throws the baby out with the bath water in so many ways. Not only was it not watchable because of the ridiculous (and intellectually offensive) character stereotyping, but because it was supposed to be a comedy. Yes, this movie is supposed to be a freaking comedy. Not only was it not funny, but it was offensive to watch. We left halfway through the movie shaking our heads and I commented to my wife "if that's the way we're supposed to view abortion and women's reproductive rights to be 'progressive' I guess I'm an intolerant prick."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

john, this might finally be something on which we disagree. i know death proof was supposed to be part of a longer double act with grindhouse but for me, this was just more evidence of the utter con

"Lucy" starring Scarlett Johansson. It's a 2014 Luc Besson film. His 90's film were outstanding (Nikita, Leon: The Professional and The Fifth Element) but the premise of "Lucy" is so implausible that

there is no worse film ever made than tarantino's 'death proof'.

Wasn't the point of Deathproof/Grindhouse to make a "bad" movie, though?

Together with Robert Rodriguez's "Planet Terror", "Death Proof" was meant as an homage to 1970's exploitation films. Usually these films dealt with excessive sex, violence or bizarre plot elements. The one-dimensional characters would serve the absurd plot.

I was watching a film last night on television, after the NRL (Brisbane/Sydney Roosters) and AFL (Hawthorn/Fremantle) semi-finals, which was an homage to 'blaxploitation' films of the 1970's, "Live and Let Die". I enjoy this film every few years I see it, but only because I don't mind to one-dimensional villainous characters and the voodoo references. I find it funny, much like "Death Proof" and "Planet Terror".

I am not very good with people being tortured or suffering...so movies like the Saw series I find disturbing any of that sort of stuff I cant handle

So i take it you didn't watch Freemantle get tortured last night!? ;)

• Like 1

WOW there's too many to mention and whilst I can't think of all of them, my wife and I walked out of watching Twilight...

We love Horror movies and had massive hopes, after first 20 minutes, we walked and to this day I haven't given those shows the light of day. Never!

I was watching a film last night on television, after the NRL (Brisbane/Sydney Roosters) and AFL (Hawthorn/Fremantle) semi-finals, which was an homage to 'blaxploitation' films of the 1970's, "Live and Let Die". I enjoy this film every few years I see it, but only because I don't mind to one-dimensional villainous characters and the voodoo references. I find it funny, much like "Death Proof" and "Planet Terror".

If you want a hilarious homage/parody of a 'blaxploitation' movie I highly recommend "Black Dynamite".

As for worst movies, I have seen a lot but not particular movie which is fairly new was the Hercules movie starring The Rock/Dwayne Johnson. You've really accomplished something if you can sit through all of that crapfest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Together with Robert Rodriguez's "Planet Terror", "Death Proof" was meant as an homage to 1970's exploitation films. Usually these films dealt with excessive sex, violence or bizarre plot elements. The one-dimensional characters would serve the absurd plot.

john, this might finally be something on which we disagree.

i know death proof was supposed to be part of a longer double act with grindhouse but for me, this was just more evidence of the utter contempt tarantino showed for his fans. the movie got split and movie goers were expected to fork out twice. for me, once bitten. i was not going back.

all of the claims of it being a homage to this or that and a tribute to blaxploitation films and so on are simply excuses after the fact for what was a terrible movie in every way. critics just did not want to believe that tarantino could make something so truly appallingly lacking in any redeeming quality - be like me having to concede springsteen had written some poor songs.

if you or i made this film, it would have been dismissed as the crap it is. relegated to the dustbin of cinematic history. the problem was it came from the bulletproof tarantino who had made some great films and was supposedly the second coming of cinema. well for me, this was the film version of the emperor's new clothes. some of his earlier films were crackers but by this film, he was bereft of ideas and had exhausted his talent (from reviews and from what i hear from friends, he may have got a second wind but i will not be checking them out). it happens. but all the critics back then could not accept that. for them, there had to be more to it. they did not want to be seen as missing some hidden message or trick or whatever, so came up with all manner of excuses for what was a steaming heap of manure.

i also don't see 'live and let die' as a homage to blaxploitation films. by the way, i like the film and have it taped to enjoy with a cigar - was still bouncing off the walls after last night with the broncos extraordinary win, a great monsdale and an extremely expensive and exceptional wine (which i did not buy but was sent for work/review). i think it possibly moore's best, though that is a low bar. i simply think it was a film of its era. the language, locales, characters etc reflected the films of that period. whether they chose that book to fit in with that at the time or whether it was simply a nice coincidence, we'll never know. i just think it is a film of its time which incorporates that genre.

• Like 2

Mine has a cigar theme as it happens. I picked up 'Smokin Stogies' in the 5-dollar bin at the Hall's Gap IGA when I was sent out for more booze on a buddies' weekend.

This shocker was even too bad for a bunch of drunk guys who actually were smokin' stogies.

* Robocop 2 (LOOOVED Part 3 compared to THAT!)

* Manos the Hands of Fate - (Deeeeeaaar God! blink.png)

* Hercules, starring Lou Ferrigno (sorry, Lou)

* Lawnmower Man 2 ( a movie that will really make you ready to put a contract out on the makers of it)

* Jaws 2

* (And yes) Godfather 3 Francis Coppola should have gone with his gut instinct and just let Part 2 be IT!